• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anyone bidding on a new 148GTL should read this

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
here is a link to the auction:
New Cobra 40 Channel 148 GTL Am SSB CB Radio Transceiver Portable | eBay

you will notice that he says its a brand new cobra cb radio, and shows the box of a side mic 148gtl.

notice also that there are no pictures of the actual radio that would confirm that it is indeed a brand new side mic 148 that he is selling.

it very well could be a front mic 148 in that box.

i wonder if ebay would refund someones money because the product did not match the picture on the box.

hey, it could all be on the up and up, but i asked the seller to confirm that it was indeed a side mic 148 and he has not answered my question either in public or in private.
he has basically ignored me.

so, if you are watching this radio, well, watch it!
LC

Reactions: 1 person

this looks like a new old stock radio. if you look at the green sticker on the front of the box it was bought in 1996. it is a warranty sticker that says if it is removed warranty is void.

the seller just got to me and said the radio was made in Malaysia. I told him it looked like a new old stock radio about 12 years old and he just responded to where it was made.

Maylasia made is right inline with the year that's printed on the sticker. I'm thinking that this could possibly be the real deal, but I'd still stay away from it... the Malaysia made ones are where the QC started going downhill real quick.

~Cheers~

He's also selling this.

This is an old school 12 volt to 120 volt inverter. If you need one of these, this is NOT the one to buy. These older units produced a dirty square wave output and may damage today's sensitive electronic devices. Newer ones produce a much cleaner, modified sinewave and have a lot more output power for the size and weight ratio.

This is an old school 12 volt to 120 volt inverter. If you need one of these, this is NOT the one to buy. These older units produced a dirty square wave output and may damage today's sensitive electronic devices. Newer ones produce a much cleaner, modified sinewave and have a lot more output power for the size and weight ratio.

Thanks. Now I know better. :D

holy cr@p!

$266.19 for a malaysian 148?

well i sure would like to know if the buyer got what they were expecting.

LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.