• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Ares 2

I have not had time in the past few weeks to figure more the Ares 2, however got it on the bench again now and trying to figure out where I left off, lol;-)
I'm anxious to know what you come up with.

Mine has developed a constant E2 error no matter supplied voltage or battery voltage setting in the Engineering menu, I woke up to this, maybe I had a power surge who knows, still receives,no TX and never displays anything other than E2, it may be a paper weight..

back to the Robyn T123b I suppose... :/

cheers

• Wow
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Just got a QT40 for $174 and free shipping, they seem to go on sale frequently. And besides you never know when it will come in handy. Right?

Just got a QT40 for $174 and free shipping, they seem to go on sale frequently. And besides you never know when it will come in handy. Right?

Wow that's a bargain!

Not to long ago, they were $169 with a mag mount and desk stand thrown in. They are offering deals on them often. I like that radio a lot for what it is. It seems to work better than all of the other variants. I suppose that will change, as they have new firmware and models in the works. These things are RCI killers.

Mine has developed a constant E2 error no matter supplied voltage or battery voltage setting in the Engineering menu, I woke up to this, maybe I had a power surge who knows, still receives,no TX and never displays anything other than E2, it may be a paper weight..

cheers
I will investigate this.

cheers
What is the supply voltage?

I cracked the Service Menu. I also performed a hardware NPC mod which works on with factory NPC from carriers below 6 watts. There's still some stuff to work out but I have the radio usable now with great audio. I have some videos on Facebook. I also show the scope. Feel free to flame away, seems that's all I get when I mentioned the nasty old NPC mod.
Panic Attack
Where did you perform the hardware npc? The 5555 method has no effect.

And many times their sales prices, while very good, include extras like, a mag mount or antennas, etc. at the same crazy sales price. I've benefited in the last month or so buying the QT60 and QT40 on sale, with the freebies!

And many times their sales prices, while very good, include extras like, a mag mount or antennas, etc. at the same crazy sales price. I've benefited in the last month or so buying the QT60 and QT40 on sale, with the freebies!
I haven't done much other than pwr on/off the QT-40 because I'm in the middle of reviewing the QT-60 and President George II EU, but I'll get 'round tuit because I really want to see what it will do, and what it'll do when compared to the QT60, George FCC, George II EU.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Interesting, and all good on the RX. I wouldn't trust that old modulation meter though! (I think many old-school modulation meters would be better named "distortion meters"!)
Out of the box, the QT40 is between 80-90% AM modulation, and 100% is achievable with alignment (see my post up the page a bit). However, there is no doubt that the extra 20+watts combined with stronger AM modulation of the 6666 will make a difference over the distances you are talking.

hi i just got a anytone ares 2 downloaded the software and firmware update followed all the instructions to update it now i have no tx and no rx all beeps echo monitor all working just silent on receive and no tx
anyone have any idea or the original firmware version 1.10
thanks

MIght be worth sending an email out to anytone and confirm firmware version to reflash it and hopefully get it sorted out. 73

hi i just got a anytone ares 2 downloaded the software and firmware update followed all the instructions to update it now i have no tx and no rx all beeps echo monitor all working just silent on receive and no tx
thanks
Did it work before you updated everything?

Reactions: Pez
thanks

Go into menu, and do a reset all.

Reactions: Pez

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.