• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anytone ares 2

johnjl11661

Mar 19, 2024
hi i got the new anytone ares 2 updated the firmware that was on the site i got it from done all that it said about six times and nothing no tx no rx been on some other sites looking for firmware updates and the all the same
just wondering if anyone has got the stock firmware or can help me anyway
thanks john

Reactions: ShadowDelaware

Not the firmware (I don't think it is publicly available). But it is the setup software that allows you to copy or re-write your radio's current settings using a programing cable.

1711757956601.png

JohnJL, aren't you the same user that already screwed up a 5555N2 trying to update the firmware ?
Some people never learn, I tell ya !
Do yourself a huge favor and just stay out of the firmware and service menu !
Before you end up with another brick.........
Oh, and as stated above, the firmware isn't publicly available for any Anytone radio.

John, I've searched the internet many times since you posted and I can't find anything regarding a firmware update. This doesn't mean that it's not out there, I just haven't came across it.
But I am curious as to where you purchased your Ares 2? I'd like to see what they're calling an updated firmware version.
Thanks!!

I found the website and the files. I downloaded and opened the procedure file, but I didn't open the actual firmware file. My security didn't like it, so I opted to leave it alone.

I'm wondering if the firmware update is necessary? I know the prototype was out there and changes were made until they came out with the final version. I can't imagine you received anything other than the final version. ?

It also looks like the seller included some changes they made as well. "New channel files"

I know this doesn't help you, but if you're dead in the water anyway, it may be worth another try. ?

Screenshot (781).png

JohnJL, aren't you the same user that already screwed up a 5555N2 trying to update the firmware ?
Some people never learn, I tell ya !
Do yourself a huge favor and just stay out of the firmware and service menu !
Before you end up with another brick.........
Oh, and as stated above, the firmware isn't publicly available for any Anytone radio.
nope that is not me i got a few radios icom 7300 450dx 2x7900 turbo to name a few this is the only one i have trouble with but you live and learn 73s

Good to know that the firmware is available. At my job, whenever we have to update the firmware on a device to make it compatible, we are walking on egg shells while it's in progress. A loss of communication or power will brick the device, and when we are working on a PLC processor that costs over $10k, we are especially cautious.

Here's the website and firmware file. I did not try to open it. It has a .rar extension. Just replace .txt with.rar and it should work.

Attachments

• ARES-II_UPDATE.txt
    7.7 MB · Views: 3
Yep, I wont be buying one for personal use. Other users say that they may fix the garbage npc mode with a firmware update but you would be playing Russian roulette installing it.

Reactions: BC Coyote
nope that is not me i got a few radios icom 7300 450dx 2x7900 turbo to name a few this is the only one i have trouble with but you live and learn 73s

Unfortunately, the firmware was for the earlier ARES II. You will see that the file dates and the comments are all from 3/2023 to 4/2023. This firmware update was for ARES II that were made before 3/2023.

If you just purchased one from Moonraker, it is a new one and the firmware update doesn't apply to it. It has a new firmware from the factory. So if you tried to update it with an older firmware, you possibly bricked it. I would contact Moonraker and tell them what you did and what happened and maybe they can help you get it going again. After all, it was files that they were offering that are now outdated.

Just my .02

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.