• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Aquario RP-90

mechanic

Mar 4, 2009
North coast of the USA.... Da UP!
Found this whilst doing some WEB surfing on radios.... Looking at some photos of the Maxlog M-8900 on the DD182003 Blog site, I zoomed in on one of the photos of a dozen or more of the M-8900 in a factory JPEG. I spied the ID 'RP-90' in the place of where it would say M-8900 and this led me to do a search on what this radio number would be.
Short while later I found a photo reference to the Aquario RP-90. Appears to be a different name on the Maxlog M-8900 and sold in Europe. The Aquario web page is in Portuguese, Spanish and English. They also sell a version of the Anytone AT-5555 as the Aquario RP-80, also identical to the AT-5555.
Looks like the Maxlog is still being sold just under a different name.
Seems these Chinese radios are made to order with most any name one would want on them! Interesting is that I found a new blog page at the same time.... radioaficion.com ! Some good info there, at least interesting reading!

73 mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.