• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic 1104C

TB01

Jan 27, 2011
Hey guys,

I recently got my hands on two new in box 1104C's. Both of them are mint without a scratch on them only problem is...one has both sliders broke off!!! Only thing I can figure out is this one was taken in and out of box by people checking out in the cb shop I got it from? Anyways If anybody has or know where to get a set of these I'd really appreciate it! I've looked all over net with no luck. My email is tyronza_boy_02@yahoo.com

Thanks

good luck. I've never seen them anywhere. I have seen people drill holes and replace the sliders with pots sticking out of the section between the key bar and neck.
not really a big thing for me. set and forget.

Yea I saw one on eBay with a custom slider not long ago. Hated to do that to a mic in new condition though. If I don't have any luck finding any ill probably do just what you said and set and forget.

...one has both sliders broke off
This is the type of part that can easily be printed with a 3D printer. Just need someone who's got the interest and access to a 3D printer. Now that I convinced myself that this would be a worthy project, I'm going to look into it. Don't hold your breath waiting for a finished product though, it may be awhile.

Reactions: Robb
I don't guess I know anybody that would have access to one of those. But I'd sure Be interested in some if you got them made. I'm sure a lot of people would and word would spread quick thoughtout the forums. Put them on eBay for buy it now price and I think you would do good. I'd sure buy a set! Good luck hope you get it going.

Yes I bought out a cb shop that had shut down in the 80s. Actually this was my second cb shop buy out in the past couple months. Also got a few New in box d-104s. Talk about lighting your eyes up! It was hard to keep my cool when I walked in. I bought many items new in the box from both shops. Couldn't believe my luck. Guess every dog has his day

And out of curiously when were they introduced and when did they quit production of the 1104C?

Early 80's is when they came out, might have even been in the late 70's. Production stopped sometime in the 80's I believe. Most people who have them don't sell them.

If you don't mind me asking do they pair good with most hf rigs? I got my tech ticket not long ago. Stepping up to general soon. I'm sure I'll use one on 11 meter and maybe use my other on a hf rig.

I have one on my Yaesu 101ZD and it works well but most HF rigs do not need that type of mic. It's all in how you adjust it. Watch the ALC meter and you will be fine.

I agree and the prices are all over the map. One sold on eBay for 50 or 60 the other day. Then one sold for over 100? And these were both used and in about the same condition. Anyways that a good question space cowboy. Should've already thought of that. I'll check into it now

Aren't those eq type slider controls? How about checking out a few flea markets or garage sales?
You might just find an old 70's 80's junk stereo or similar with reusable slide controls. If it's the potentiometer underneath the sliders that's broke, That's a different ball game.
I'm assuming there broken off just beneath the slots. Remove them from the parts gear and some injunity might work reitchinging them.
Check out a music store.
They should have compatible ones. I gave up trying to make my Madison sound any better then it does with a silver eagle (on ssb).
I was tempted to bid on an 1104c but after trying the turner +3, +2 and most recently installed a w2ny electret cartridge on a backup silver eagle , i give up.
Those 1104c's are supposed to sound excellent on ssb but for me I'll be sticking with the silver eagle.
I'm not sure but it may just be my voice carictoristics.
I'm stumped but am content with the unsolicited audio compliments i offten get. Good luck.73's
Hey guys,

I recently got my hands on two new in box 1104C's. Both of them are mint without a scratch on them only problem is...one has both sliders broke off!!! Only thing I can figure out is this one was taken in and out of box by people checking out in the cb shop I got it from? Anyways If anybody has or know where to get a set of these I'd really appreciate it! I've looked all over net with no luck. My email is tyronza_boy_02@yahoo.com

Thanks
Hey guys,

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.