• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic 1104C

The potentiometer stems I guess you would call them are fine. The sliders have a hole thru the bottom that just stick on snug over the pot. stems. That's a good idea I'll check out some old stereos and see if they have anything similar but I think these are one off built specifically for the 1104c.

necessity is the mother of all inventions. If you want to get creative you could probably manufactures something out of a popsicle stick and for that application it just might work. If you stare at it long enough I'm sure you'll come up with something. It may not look pretty but if it works job well done. Good luck 73 s
The potentiometer stems I guess you would call them are fine. The sliders have a hole thru the bottom that just stick on snug over the pot. stems. That's a good idea I'll check out some old stereos and see if they have anything similar but I think these are one off built specifically for the 1104c.

prices are all over the map. One sold on eBay for 50 or 60 the other day. Then one sold for over 100? And these were both used and in about the same condition.

welcome to the used market. it has its ups and downs, but if you aren't in a rush and keep an eye out it can work out. I got my especially clean and unmodified trc-465 for 30$ when they usually go for 20$-30$ more. my starduster I got NOS for up to 160$ less than some of them I've seen.

necessity is the mother of all inventions.
really? all inventions?
cat wigs? Dashboard pole dancers? goldfish walkers?
I could go on. I mean, seriously, what possible need is there for a thumb wrestling ring?
some inventions are entirely a product of boredom, too much spare time, and stupidity..

Thanks, yes it wouldn't be hard at all to make some custom sliders for it and I may either do that or just set and forget and not worry about having to make some. It's just a shame to have one new in box without the original sliders! Maybe I'll find a pair somewhere one day

And yes used market is luck of the draw on eBay. I've sold stuff and said wow....I can't believe somebody paid that much for it! Then I've also watched some of my items sell and said well....I should of put a reserve on it lol

Unless your going to sell the mic you really do not need the sliders. Once you get it set leave it alone.

I know I know it just really bothers me to have a mic in this shape with sliders broke off! . Guess I'll have to just settle until some come along. Maybe one day

I know I know it just really bothers me to have a mic in this shape with sliders broke off! . Guess I'll have to just settle until some come along. Maybe one day

are they broke off, or were they simply removed? I got several years out of mine with no issues, and find it very unlikely they would just snap from being in the box. were the broken levers in the box?
I would expect they were probably removed and sold.

The key word being "nessety" was lost here. Cat wings and gold fish walkers might be considered nesseeties if you qth is Bellevue, 7 th floor ward 1.
welcome to the used market. it has its ups and downs, but if you aren't in a rush and keep an eye out it can work out. I got my especially clean and unmodified trc-465 for 30$ when they usually go for 20$-30$ more. my starduster I got NOS for up to 160$ less than some of them I've seen.

really? all inventions?
cat wigs? Dashboard pole dancers? goldfish walkers?
I could go on. I mean, seriously, what possible need is there for a thumb wrestling ring?
some inventions are entirely a product of boredom, too much spare time, and stupidity..
And yes used market is luck of the draw on eBay. I've sold stuff and said wow....I can't believe somebody paid that much for it! Then I've also watched some of my items sell and said well....I should of put a reserve on it lol

are they broke off, or were they simply removed? I got several years out of mine with no issues, and find it very unlikely they would just snap from being in the box. were the broken levers in the box?
I would expect they were probably removed and sold.

They were broke off and were laying in the box beneath the mic. I'll post some pictures tonight if I have time. Again, Other than the broke sliders the mic is in perfect condition and has never had a mic plug soldered on. It had to been from years of people in and out of shop that took it out of box to get a better look. Of course everyone would Play with sliders and they eventually got broken off. Only thing I can come up with anyways!

I don't know what transceiver or mic you're currently using, but I hope once you get one of those mics wired for your rig you'll post some reports on the difference between the mic your on and the 1104 C.
I've actually never heard one in my 9 months on ssb. I do know they're highly collectible, and not because they look nice but because they are supposedly excellent sounding SSB microphones.
Good luck on an excellent find.
They were broke off and were laying in the box beneath the mic. I'll post some pictures tonight if I have time. Again, Other than the broke sliders the mic is in perfect condition and has never had a mic plug soldered on. It had to been from years of people in and out of shop that took it out of box to get a better look. Of course everyone would Play with sliders and they eventually got broken off. Only thing I can come up with anyways!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.