• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic 1104C

I don't know what transceiver or mic you're currently using, but I hope once you get one of those mics wired for your rig you'll post some reports on the difference between the mic your on and the 1104 C.
I've actually never heard one in my 9 months on ssb. I do know they're highly collectible, and not because they look nice but because they are supposedly excellent sounding SSB microphones.
Good luck on an excellent find.

Will do sir. In the process of new house, 2 new tower projects new radio room and to top it off right in the middle of harvest on the farm. It may be awhile before I can give you any feed back on how well they sound. I always think In my head I'll have time to wire one up and play with it for a while at night but it hasn't happened yet lol. jb weld or super glue might would work but I don't think it'll hold long term. The pressure on the slides is from side torque. And where they're broke at I don't think they'll ever hold. I'm going to make time and put pics up tonight when I get home. D-104s is what I normally use unless I drag a Turner or something like that out to play with. I am always swapping around radios to talk on Too. This is the main reason I want to find a pair of sliders so I could easily swap radios and adjust on the fly. And I hate to goof the look of the mic up with some custom slides.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Touché! Was that really from the factory? I saw those floating Around the net figured it was custom.
Anyways as promised here are some pics. They are grainy and dull I took them in a hurry with my phone. I tried to show how the slider is broke in a few different places and pieces. The other slider is broke almost exactly the same way. The mic with sliders intact aren't the right model color, which I didn't even notice till tonight. Oh well at least they're not broke off I guess. Included is picture of some of my equipment and the radios I'll be trying the 1104c's on sooner than later I hope. Also going to try them on a few president/uniden SSB bases and others I have. Please excuse the mess and all the stacking! I don't run my equipment stacked like this. Really not much of a radio room anymore. More less storage till I get new shack going.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    784.8 KB · Views: 11
Yes and Your mesh element cover on the head is black and my mesh covers are white? Guess they changed around stuff quite a bit during the production run

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.