• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

astatic 575m6 or red road devil

this is mine
DSC01296.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

I didn't believe the comments that the Road Devil sounds "tinny" until I did my own recording tests using a Road Devil vs. a Workman stock coffin style mic, from Bob's CB in PA. The test radio was a peaked and tuned Uniden 510 with a TRB-1 echo board, preset. I recorded with the echo on and off. The conclusion was obvious. The Road Devil was clear sounding, but had a slight high pitch. The stock mic was just as loud, but much clearer. I concluded I would only suggest the Road Devil if someone wanted power and noise canceling.

Sold the radio and probably shouldn't have done that ... but the mic...?? no it's like selling the family dog ...after trying 100's of mics and hours and hours of my closest friend giving me 1000's of sound checks...
The final answer is the 575 ... now that it's been discontinued ...keep it under your hat .. the price is just going up on them .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio