• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

astatic antennas

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
anyone ever usre these?ive seen the 1k and 3k ive heard
some good reports on them.they look a little less noticable
than the predator10k thats what drew my attention..

not sure of astatic antennas
never saw one let alone used one

i can say though
at night
is very hard to see the Interceptor I-10K

in fact my much smaller (shorter and not a groundplane)
dualbander GP-9 is extremly easy to see at night

where my I-10K i have to strain to see
during the day both my verticals are easy to see

so is it daytime or night time that is more of a consern
if is daytime you will have problems regardess
at night different antennas are hidden better then others
even in plain site

then there is how well an antenna works
if you ask anyone
everyone knows the Interceptor I-10K works Exellent
i know for i have been using mine for yrs

I have a 4 or 5 foot Astatic fiberglass whip (white in color). I got it for free when I ordered a Wilson 1000. The guy packaged it with the 1000 and I have NO clue why? I tried it on my brother's truck and SWR was crazy high. We put a Wilson 2000 on his truck and BAM, low SWR. I still have it. I mainly use it for smacking people around in my garage when they bother me.

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
not sure of astatic antennas
never saw one let alone used one. I can say though at night
is very hard to see the Interceptor I-10K
King, hotrod is asking about MOBILE antennas! :oops:

the astatic 1k and 3k use linear loading, i have never used one but somebody told me the construction is not very strong.

bob85 said:
the astatic 1k and 3k use linear loading, i have never used one but somebody told me the construction is not very strong.
i heard that also.but also heard the 3k in particlar performance
wise was very close to the predattor 10k

they are not very durable, especially in the northern climes. i still have a 1k which i use for a low profile base antenna strictly for the legal 40 channels even though it is not on the road it has rusted and taken a beaten from UV damage

ahh

didnt realise he was talking of mobile lol

would like to see someone try to put Interceptor I-10K on a car or truck
never happen lol

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
would like to see someone try to put Interceptor I-10K on a car or truck
never happen lol
It DID happen. How do you think Jay knows his antennas can handle 105mile an hour winds?
They live out in the middle of the Mojave Desert (not much to do out there so why not build antennas). They took an I-10K, mounted it in the back of a pickup truck with the antenna above the roof line, and drove across the desert at speeds over 100MPH. SO when Jay claims his antennas can take 100MPH+ winds, he is not kidding! OK, this is off topic so we'll stop here, but I thought you should know.

BACK TO MOBILE ANTENNAS!

Don't waste your $$$. Not very good IMHO. SWR was off the scale, & had to use a taller stinger to make it tune. Still sounded like poo when we did that, so I installed it under my tire, and put it out of it's misery. I can't believe astatic put their name on such a piece of crap lke that!! :evil:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.