• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astron RS-50A

yea i use the knob on the amp turned it down to like 300w? pep. i know my meter isnt 100% pep, but it works! anyways... im going to open up this power supply see whats inside replace the power switch. it flickers... no disco's here!

I have a Antron RS-50A the switch light also flickers?

not sure how to double quote:

@ jeff same radio same amp. radio is set at 2w mod to 12w. i found that 17w was pushing that 1969f.
@ eastside its all about the west coast! jk.. yea I'm not sure why?.. i bought mine used today for $50.oo Tomorrow I'm going to remove the switch and fix the light if i can or replace with a new switch & light.

Last edited:
not sure how to double quote:

@ jeff same radio same amp. radio is set at 2w mod to 12w. i found that 17w was pushing that 1969f.
@ eastside its all about the west coast! jk.. yea I'm not sure why?.. i bought mine used today for $50.oo Tomorrow I'm going to remove the switch and fix the light if i can or replace with a new switch & light.

I just discovered last night that they have a fan inside.....I was doing a lot of skip talking last night and heard a different noise from the p-s and a fan had kicked on inside it. :)

I just discovered last night that they have a fan inside.....I was doing a lot of skip talking last night and heard a different noise from the p-s and a fan had kicked on inside it. :)

hmm, no fan in mine? hands in the photo to show how big transformers is-->

2011-08-02_14-53-56_109.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned