• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Attention all Yaesu FTM-350 owners - let's petition Yaesu!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Now that Yaesu has released the capability for the end user to update the FTM-350's firmware on their own, let's all petition Yaesu to add a digipeating functionality to this radio! IMHO, this is the one major feature missing, but that doesn't mean they couldn't add it to the firmware and give it to us via update.

How about it? Let's all hit up their Tech Support inquiry and beg them for this feature (y)

Welcome to Yaesu.com

Tim start a list and we can send names and call signs in a PM you can add them to the list would this work??

Yes. the Kenwood D700 and D710 can do it, I'd love to use a FTM-350R to Digipeat. In fact it would sell a third radio to me.

VE3HTU

Just go to the website page that I linked to in the first and fill out the form to Tech Support - ask them to build a firmware update that includes digipeating. Let us know here when you do :)

Sending Message...

Wow how did I miss the announcement on this, thats Great news !

How about memory banks too !

Keep sending the suggestions to Yaesu!

Sent my note in today. Just saw the postings, and am really glad to see the firmware upgrade procedure. It's about time! (y)

I talked to Dennis M at Dayton and at SeaPac, and he confirmed that what he needs is volume! The more user comments and requests he gets for a feature or change, the stronger the message he can send to Japan to get them to implement them.

Thanks for getting this ball rolling, Tim!

73's,
Mike

Tony:
No, there has not as yet been any talk about adding that feature to the
FTM-350. If Japan does decides to do that, it will show up on our website,
www.yaesu.com.

Tim Factor, KT7F
Amateur Radio Technical Support

Vertex Standard USA, Inc.
Yaesu Amateur Products Division
10900 Walker Street
Cypress, CA 90630
t.factor@vxstdusa.com

Tony:
No, there has not as yet been any talk about adding that feature to the
FTM-350. If Japan does decides to do that, it will show up on our website,
www.yaesu.com.

Tim Factor, KT7F
Amateur Radio Technical Support

Vertex Standard USA, Inc.
Yaesu Amateur Products Division
10900 Walker Street
Cypress, CA 90630
t.factor@vxstdusa.com

Unfortunately, this doesnt sound like they do anything with requests from users other than say If Japan Decides to do it ??

Does anyone have an e-mail address of someone who can forward requests to the people that need to get them ??

Craig

I would like to see a Memory Bank system added like on the VX-8. Why they left it off the 350 is anybody’s guess.

Computer Base APRS Software

What are FTM-350 Users Using ?

Is this statement true?

<<If you mean directly with the FTM-350 via the radio's serial port (i.e. not off the Internet or from another radio with a TNC, etc), then NO APRS program will work.

By comparison with the Kenwood APRS radios, the Yaesu radios have a serious design flaw/oversight: The Yaesu radios DO NOT allow external programs to interact with their internal TNCs. They only do APRS with their own front panel display and keyboard.

The only computer program that works with the Yaesu radios is their own memory configuration utility.

As a result, NO computer-based APRS software will work with the Yaesu radios.
>>>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.