• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Authentic Chipswitches for sale + install Nov 2020

I have parts from a HR2510 in my desk, but its been there for years. Do these chips everyone is looking for lose their memory? I can't remember if that radio was one with a battery inside or what the story was. If there was a way to test the one I have, I'd offer it.

I have parts from a HR2510 in my desk, but its been there for years. Do these chips everyone is looking for lose their memory? I can't remember if that radio was one with a battery inside or what the story was. If there was a way to test the one I have, I'd offer it.
The Chipswitch was originally made years ago, recently Roger came up with some blank IC's and has the loaded with the original software.
He is the only one I know of that has any available.
The standard Uniden CPU retains the program internally, I have a 2510 that sat for 10+ years still fine.
Here is a old article about the Chipswitch.
More Misc info

Jeff

The Chipswitch was originally made years ago, recently Roger came up with some blank IC's and has the loaded with the original software.
He is the only one I know of that has any available.
The standard Uniden CPU retains the program internally, I have a 2510 that sat for 10+ years still fine.
Here is a old article about the Chipswitch.
More Misc info

Jeff
Thank you! Do you know of a datasheet for it? I have the UC-1201A and it would be interesting to read the programming on it.

I have the UC-1201A and it would be interesting to read the programming on it.
Good luck with that. That chip is not meant to be reprogrammed. Factory code only inside. Best of my knowledge is that they just failed to provide a path from the program storage to any I/O pins you can access. I remember being told that the silicon die inside was the same as a UV-erasable ROM, but with no window. Only black plastic surrounding the chip inside. Typically called a "OTP" as in One Time Programmable controller.

But it's not stored in a 'flash' chip you can reload like a modern smart phone.

Doesn't mean some hacker hasn't found a 'back door' that I haven't found. If so, I have yet to hear of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.