• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad news for SB200/220, Drake L4x owners. Harbach is closed.

Just discovered that Jeff, W8CQ has been diagnosed with Parkinsons. Same affliction that forced Peter Dahl to retire, and die way too soon after.

https://harbachelectronics.com/

Gonna miss Jeff, and the stuff he sold.

Both.

I believe he had transferred ownership of the Peter Dahl stuff to Hammond some time ago. I didn't know he was still making the other things. But, I was making my own way before Harbach existed, so it can still be done easy enough. Just not as convenient.

Jeff was a good guy that had a good thing going a long time. It is unfortunate nonetheless.

SL

Dam, this sucks, hope Jeff gets a few decent years of retirement. I just ordered SB220 parts a couple of months ago from him. Hopefully someone else keeps it going so parts are available for these old amps.

Good news! Scott, (amprepairguy.com) is taking over Harbach!
1711897762442.png

I can honestly say tube amplifiers and the maintenance of them, are definitely more within Scott's abilities, then our solid state VDMOS venture was. The minute I heard about Harbach, I was surprised that Scott had not already arranged for a seamless transition of the business.

Being as dependent as his business is on obtaining these amplifier rebuild kits, I see taking over Harbach as a natural fit. Especially if he has sole control of it. When something is within his ability, or within reach of obtaining it, his motivation can be unmatched.

To be fair, doing business with someone, it's not the same as being in business with someone. The skill set required for each, are different. In other words, you can do a great job doing business with your customers, and not be so great at being a business partner.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.