• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Baofeng on the big screen

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
Just took my son to the new Fast and Furious movie,, Baofengs were the radio of choice,,lol see how many you spot if you go see it.

I guess TV shows have bigger budgets. Tim Allen's recently canceled show had an Icom 7700, Ameritron SS amplifier, tuner, and other HF radio gear on the set.

Maybe that's why it canceled, over budget on radio gear?

18342165_1488852804471567_6405308928938545463_n.jpg

Reactions: binrat
well FOX is taking it up right? so maybe they will show a side boob.. or an illegal alien living upstairs

Last Man Standing is a good show and they had top line Icom rigs. They actually had licensed hams on staff and all the QSO's were recorded in a Faraday cage by actual licensed hams. Tim Allen also did pass is technician license. His real call is KK6OTD.

Last edited:
Reactions: KD2GOE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.