• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Baofeng UV 5RA Ham Two Way Radio 136-174/400-480 MHz Dual-Band DTMF CTCSS DCS FM

WoW..

I was thinking..Nahh.. a cheep radio..

However it has many features...But look at that price..
Freaken amazing .. LOL...

I think i will buy a couple to send to family members..!!

Reactions: 1 person
I ordered it. Hope it works good. My friend bought one from China(Older model) and had to send it back for warranty work. I guess it wont transmit anymore?

I have the UV5R not the A, but the A is just an updated version. I really like it and it is definitely worth the money. Mine has been going strong for several months and if it breaks I will buy another. Plan on working on getting software setup so you can program from a computer. Front input isn't impossible, but it is a pain.

That looks like a great buy to me. I have had a pair of the original UV5R radios for over six months. One is used with an Elk log periodic for FM satellite work, and the other has a Diamond antenna that's used in my vehicle. LCD screen gets wonky in the hot summer sun, but comes back after it cools down.

That radio actually pushed me to get my Technician license, which I upgraded to General two weeks later. A magnitude of difference in cost level of the HF gear I have now, but I still use that Baofeng as it does the job. At that price, no worries if it fails, or is stolen. I can easily set and lock them to a programmed FRS frequency and use it with unlicensed friends too.

I spent a few extra dollars and got one with the usb cable. The driver on the other hand is not easily found?
Anybody ever program this with a pc?

I spent a few extra dollars and got one with the usb cable. The driver on the other hand is not easily found?
Anybody ever program this with a pc?

Found the right driver. Unfortunately the seller sent the wrong programming cable. My cable only has one plug in jack on it. Just realized this radio requires a jack to plug into the speaker and microphone jack for programming.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.