• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Based on your "opinion"...

rockymount622

Oct 5, 2012
Rocky Mount, N. C.
Based on other posters' opinions, I bought 2-21' chain link top rail in the 1 3/8" diameter size. So now I can't find a guywire collar/ring thingie to attach guywires... The only ones I see on the internet are for 1 1/4" diameter mast... HELP! I want to get this up and running! Thanks "again" guys, er sorry... people!!! rockymount622

m42duster, Thanks for the quick reply; not a fabricator so hadn't though of that... I will ask in the mobile radio local for ideas, help and see what happens... By the way, Thank you for your service to our Country.

m42duster, Thanks for the quick reply; not a fabricator so hadn't though of that... I will ask in the mobile radio local for ideas, help and see what happens... By the way, Thank you for your service to our Country.

Dude...just go to your local hardware store and look there. Get creative!!!

You'll never be a doomsday prepper relying on others to tell you. ;)

That the typical Guy Ring is 1 & 1/4" and is larger than your mast pipe, doesn't matter. You still are going to have to drill a hole through the pipe and insert a long bolt through to hold the ring in place to prevent it from sliding down. So that will be the same. That there will be a slight little play between the ring and the mast will be negated by the tension applied from the guy ropes or wires. It will all do the job and stay in place once installed and finished.

I like the muffler clamp idea M42Duster has and I like the idea Wire weasel has; Put the two together and you don't have to drill a hole through the mast pipe.
Put the clamp where it needs to be positioned with the guy ring above it and voila; You got 'er done.
Simple, elegant, cheap and no holes to drill. ( and no compromise to the strength of the mast pipe)

Reactions: 1 person
I like the muffler clamp idea M42Duster has and I like the idea Wire weasel has; Put the two together and you don't have to drill a hole through the mast pipe.
Put the clamp where it needs to be positioned with the guy ring above it and voila; You got 'er done.
Simple, elegant, cheap and no holes to drill. ( and no compromise to the strength of the mast pipe)

^^ this^^ If you do not like the hardware store idea, stop in at one of your local muffler shops and pick up some clamps, they will be sure to have what you need at around $1.00 a clamp.

If drilling a hole is harder than buying a clamp of some kind, and if the antenna above that hole isn't too big for the pole anyway, what's the difference?
- 'Doc

If drilling a hole is harder than buying a clamp of some kind, and if the antenna above that hole isn't too big for the pole anyway, what's the difference?
- 'Doc

Drilling a hole in a pipe used for structural support is never a good idea, could be the difference between a laying or standing tower. The OP not being a fabricator may not have the drill, bits or center punch for making said hole. Just seems easier and less intrusive with the clamps. I don't think drilling holes in 1 3/8" top rail that is being used for an antenna mast is a good idea.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.