• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Battleship Missouri

novakor

Apr 5, 2005
Reno,Nevada
I was doing some SWL on 20 meters (14.257) and heard KH6BB from the Battleship Missouri Amateur Radio Club from Pearl Harbor,HI.Look up the call on www.qrz.com,so anyway i emailed with a signal report and they replied with this;

KH6BB appreciates the SWL report.The antennas are basically verticals even though the DISCONE on the bow is all band and the ones near the brigde are about 100ft above sea water.

We frequently have someone operating during the days if the bands are open.
73,John K1ER/KH6BB[/quote]

Check it out;www.kh6bb.org

hey novakor, last year i talked to my buddy in the mediteranian sea, he was moored off a small island on a royal navy frigate or small battleship, his job is navy comms and he had just retubed the amplifier and done a small mod so he could talk on 27mhz with a decent tune ( the things sailers do heh ), he dont let on hes on a hm vessel he just calls maritime mobile and tells people hes using the ships radio, if they ask he says hes on a fishing vessel, over the years i have heared him all over the world on 27mhz, but i knew on this occasion he was on his way back from the gulf to take some leave when we spoke, hes no bullshitter he had the communications grade narrow audio typical of a navy vessel and was talking to many stations in and around the med, we had not spoken since he sailed so i put a big smile on his face when he heared his old buddy back home calling him.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.