• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best CB Shop dribble I've heard yet...

The Jerk

May 6, 2008
Reading, PA
I have no clue what "shop" this was because I only caught the discussion during skip, but thought it was worth posting...I can only say for sure it was coming from Texas.

Late last week a CB Shop and (what I assumed to be a) truck driver were having a conversation regarding a newer Galaxy radio. The shop insisted they could get a ton of power out of these newer radios with their special mods. Right as I was starting to lose the conversation, the shop said clear as day: "...this radio will make so much power you will need to run two antennas, one for transmit and the other for receive..."

Maybe that's my problem, I have only one antenna? :D

Reactions: 1 person

Right as I was starting to lose the conversation, the shop said clear as day: "...this radio will make so much power you will need to run two antennas, one for transmit and the other for receive..."

Maybe that's my problem, I have only one antenna? :D

Wow......thats brutal. lol

A modern day snake oil hukster! Did he have a group of truck drivers huddled around or only one? I bet they all whipped out their "wallets on a chain" after that line.

I thought it was a pretty good sales pitch...I was trying to imagine how they would make it appear as though you actually needed two antennae (or do they actually believe their clientele is that stupid?).

That's some funny stuff..you reckon the CB shop was just trying to be funny? I hope nobody would fall for that. I can hear that driver now telling everybody about just how BIG his radio is.

Two antennas hey? One for TX and another for RX? I have heard of hot receivers but wouldn't you think that the TX antenna would also be able to handle the RX? :D

These are the latest in CB technology magic. One way antennas that offer crazy gain but only for either receive or transmit and not both. They also make you louder and are built with new mosfet fiberglas. :blink:

That's some funny stuff..you reckon the CB shop was just trying to be funny? I hope nobody would fall for that. I can hear that driver now telling everybody about just how BIG his radio is.

You are kidding right?

Did you know that if you angle your antennas forward when you mount them on your mirror, that it throws the signal forward and you will gain a few more miles on your signal range?

Did you know that adding an echo board to the radio gives you more modulation, and more power?

Did you know that a stock Cobra 148 is a 120 channel radio?

Did you know that (this is one of my favorites I have heard lately) Galaxy Radios invented the 10 meter radio, and that those ham radio people got angry and took the 10 meter band away from drivers, and that's why you cant buy a Galaxy 99 at the Flying J anymore.

Somebody will believe that crap, and go in asking for a radio and antenna setup like he was advertising. And he will sell it because he has a sucker willing to buy.

These stupid CB shops must think drivers are as dumb as a box of rocks.
Kinda like a local here that tells everyone "If you have a high swars you need to modulate them swars out by running a kicker!" So every so often i hear him going "auuuuddiiooo, one, one, one, one, one, one, one, one!"

Some are. Seriously, when you know no difference and are a bit gullible it is easy to believe a fast talker no matter how ridiculous it may sound to someone who knows better. Unrelated but in a similar vein, I have argued with several people who told me that a piece of metal plate about 3x6 inches placed in your windshield will bounce the police radar signal back and they will not pick up your vehicle. Never mind the several square feet of body panels reflecting the signal back which is exactly how radar works in the first place. Some people are in fact dumber than a box of rocks.

Most drivers have a good head on their shoulders. However, I have found over the last 14 years of being involved in the industry, that the dumber they are, the louder they are.

Drivers for the most part don't believe all the horseshit myths that float around out here. But those that spread the myths, do so with vigor.

CB however is a different story. Most people know this much about CB..

Push button

Talk

Let go of button

Listen

Some drivers have tried to learn more about the hobby, but they have learned it from CB shops who are trying to sell a peak and clip job, or a custom built hand made antenna that helps improve modulation on the transmit, and boosts the incoming signals modulating carrier by 75% (wish I made that one up, but I can't take credit for it).

CB myths run rampant in the trucking industry, because these ass hats that run the crap shops have a captive audience.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.