• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Desk Mic for my Galaxy Saturn Turbo??

w4bss

Aug 7, 2011
I need some opinions on the best sounding Desk Mic for my Galaxy Saturn Turbo.
What do you guys run on your base radios?? I will mainly use the mic on AM with the turbo.

Thanks!!

I have a Galaxy Saturn Turbo myself. I use a Astatic D104 on it, however, I did a small modification to bring down the tone a bit to make it sound fuller without getting that huge "boom" effect (the Turner +3, +3B, and Super Sidekicks are known for the "boomy" sound). I take a 1uf 10V or better tantalum (electrolytic will work too) capacitor and install it between the ground and the audio wire on the either the back of the mic jack, or on the PC board itself, where the wires plug into the board. The (+) side goes to the audio wire, the (-) side goes to the ground wire. This makes the D104 sound a bit fuller. I've had people just rave about how I sound on the air with that setup. Something to try. :)

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.