• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mic Ever??

The best mic is also subject to how much you can spend, its purpose, and how available it is. All of the EchoMax that I've heard sound outstanding, especially the echo. The EchoMax 2000 is close to $200, hard to find, and is best for AM. I don't know what reports on SSB or FM have been made.

Any D104 with a TUP9 base is still my favorite. They are mostly used, fairly common, and can be had from $50 to $150 depending on condition. It seems that they always need some kind of work, either the leaf switch needs to be cleaned or its switch needs adjusting. But I would want one of those first before any other mic.

The handheld D104 Minute Man II are cheap - less than sixty bucks new/shipped - and are always outstanding. Especially when one considers the price.

The Turner +3 is a mic that is also a standard that works great on both SSB and AM. They can be had for $50 to $100 and are always a first class mic. Can't go wrong wioth it, and is always on the top five list - IMO...

mic

i have heard rf limited 2018 tornado echo woks as good as any better than most weather you use the echo or not.all controls can be accessed without taking back off.about 60 bucks plus shipping.

Best CB Desk mic - Turner +3

Best CB Echo Hand Mic - Roadnoise 2018

Best Priced CB Value Echo Mic - DM-452

Best Non-amplified CB hand mic - Ranger SRA-158

Best Mic included with a radio - Magnum 257 one that has the adjustable pot inside

Not all mic's are created equal . From what one would think is bad to good. 1 mic would work well on 1 radio where the same mic may not work so well on another.

Many decent mic's mentioned here already. The best ? I'd say the best was what worked and sounded good to you. To many times a stock mic will sound pure and clean in a telephone type quailty (I personally like that) but again , not all "stock" mic's are created equal as well.

I honestly don't know what the "best" is ? but I do like the Telex/Turner RK-56 for mobile operations on a radio suitable for it. Base ops (and depending on the radio used ?) would be a Shure 526 T , best I ever heard in 25 years off a 148/Grant type 8917 type radio chassie.

I will agree about the SRA-158 stock mic , but those in my experiance will not always sound so good on given radios........Some times it amounts to your flavor concerning a mic , AM or SSB ? different strokes for different folks.

... Base ops (and depending on the radio used ?) would be a Shure 526 T , best I ever heard in 25 years off a 148/Grant type 8917 type radio chassie...

i have to agree, however, a 444D will give the 526 a run for its money on ssb.

So far there have been a few good mikes mentioned
However

Depends on a few things
CB or Ham radio
AM/SSB/FM
Base and Mobile

So far for CB
Base Turner Plus 2 Power mike or D104 TU Power mike
Mobile D104-M6 with tone
(Never cared for base or mobile stock mics for cb)

So far for Ham radio
Stock Base/Mobile mike goes to the stock mike of 706MKIIG
Power for mobile means often losing easy access to use of radio
Base..SM20 desk top mike
(i know there are great mikes .. like the PR20 and PR30 but i hate that company)

can ya hear me, can ya hear me now?

astatic 636l with astatic echo board LOUD and clear.dm452 good value lots of background noise.

"good value....... lots of background noise"

i'm really kinda confused by that statement;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.