• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mic?

I guess no one likes this one. :confused:

I know the older wilson antennas were of good quality but I heard they were bought out and the mic looks like the cheaper mics you can buy at truck stops. Not saying it wont work I never tried it so I cant say. I do know I have used astatic mics before and always get good reports. Also they have been making mics for ever. One thing I have learned in my years of cbing is to buy brand names for what they are known for.

Wilson = antennas
astatic = mics

Things like that they just seem to be better quality and last longer. Like one other post said you also have to get a mic which works for your voice and setup believe it or not they arent all interchangable for the audio quality

I know the older wilson antennas were of good quality but I heard they were bought out and the mic looks like the cheaper mics you can buy at truck stops. Not saying it wont work I never tried it so I cant say. I do know I have used astatic mics before and always get good reports. Also they have been making mics for ever. One thing I have learned in my years of cbing is to buy brand names for what they are known for.

Wilson = antennas
astatic = mics

Things like that they just seem to be better quality and last longer. Like one other post said you also have to get a mic which works for your voice and setup believe it or not they arent all interchangable for the audio quality

Good advice I think your right. I'm going with the astatic d104m6.

Thank you all for your help and comments.

Bob

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.