• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best mobile 10meter radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for the best of the best mobile that hears better than a radio hooked to a preamp that hooks to factory wiring in the truck and best place to buy it from

Simple answer is that there is no such radio. Plain and simple. A decent preamp in front of a radio will have far superior sensitivity over any straight radio without a preamp. Look at the sensitivity numbers and noise floor figures and see for yourself.While you are at it look at the IMD figures as well. Sensitivity is NOT the be all to end all in a receiver.

Simple answer is that there is no such radio. Plain and simple. A decent preamp in front of a radio will have far superior sensitivity over any straight radio without a preamp. Look at the sensitivity numbers and noise floor figures and see for yourself.While you are at it look at the IMD figures as well. Sensitivity is NOT the be all to end all in a receiver.

I could look at them all day it still wouldn't tell me nothing it's all forgin language I don't understand and honestly don't really want to understand I just need a go to guy that knows all this crap lol..... I have have a 3300hp that hears very very well almost as if it was on a preamp I hear a1 truck wash in Cali all the time with it and the white noise is extremely low this dx44 can't hear but maybe 4-5 miles max noise level stay close to the red all the time and it's been looked at 2-3 times.... It's much easier to show you vs tell you what I am talking about

I know what you are talking about and like I said, there is no radio made that will perform better without a preamp than any other radio with a preamp. Also like I said receiver sensitivity does not mean everything. How the radio handles strong signals is just as important as a strong signal a dozen channels away may wipe out a signal you are listening too or even a signal outside the 11m band may cause the signal you are wanting to hear to suffer.

OK so this guy asked a question, then says he don`t want to know the answer, after the last thread he hijacked got closed.
Then brings the crud from the closed thread here.....
You want info, drop the attitude and LISTEN to what these guys are trying to tell you.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
The only rig that could "hear" well with out a pre-amp was the Ranger AR-3500.... I have two working 30 watt versions and the receivers are something else! Most any other rig of the 11 / 10 meter kind need a pre amp.... :headbang

73 mechanic

OK so this guy asked a question, then says he don`t want to know the answer, after the last thread he hijacked got closed.
Then brings the crud from the closed thread here.....
You want info, drop the attitude and LISTEN to what these guys are trying to tell you.

Jeff

Whatever man there was no attitude but there is now this is bullshit I ask a simply ? Of who and where and what is the best radio to buy and I get all this crap I don't know what imd is couldn't tell you the first this about it and the sensitivity means nothing to me I joined this forum to get info about radios and I read so good info on coax from doc couldn't tell ya what the numbers mean but I can tell ya it works great I see a post about rar and I tell ya mine works great and that make me a dumbass????? Really I guess I must have missed that one seems to me if your not part of this lil gang than whatever you say is wrong!!!! And then you get locked down for asking ?s kinda sounds similar to that cbdr crap or whatever it's called.... Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't a forum ment for ?s you have no knowledge about????? So lock it down bigun and give me the boot smh<can not stand it>:thumbdown::censored:

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.