• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best program for baofeng handhelds

ghutch

Sep 24, 2010
I have just recd the new UV-5RPlus....programing is a headache. Anyone have a site or info that explains he process in detail??
Great radio, or so it seems but a bunch of programing issues all over the web, virus in the software??, so before I become one of the ones that want to trash it pls any info??

Yes Chirp from danplanet.com will also allow you to choose which freqs you want to skip during a scan of the programmed memories as well as the power output.

What I really like is the feature that allows you to download the various repeater details for a particular area. You can use Repeater Book and it's free all right through the program. It's brilliant for the Baofeng and several other radios I have.

Hi all, I am wondering if someone can explain to me how to use the chirp software? I have a list of frequencys and it will not let me upload it.

what is the procedure?

Thanks

M.S.

I am not getting an error, But rather trying to figure out how to make up a custon list of frequencys and then upload them to the radio. When I click on "new" and the blank screen comes up How do you input manual frequencys to make up a custom list then upload them?

Ok, so you need to already have to have a manually entered list in the radio in order to add anything? something dosen't sound right.

Shouldn't you be able to make a custon list then upload it?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.