• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best RF Filters

jerry S

Sep 17, 2023
Would like help on the best rf filter for my station, my neighbor informed me that I turn on his lamps that operate by touch when I talk dx on ssb.

Maybe a TVI filter will help. Not sure what band you are transmitting on. That’s wild that his lamps come on. Best I could do it’s make my garage lights flicker when I am outside transmitting. Also on SSB.

Maybe a TVI filter will help. Not sure what band you are transmitting on. That’s wild that his lamps come on. Best I could do it’s make my garage lights flicker when I am outside transmitting. Also on SSB.
Transmitting on LSB, his house is about 60 yards away from my house.

No filter in the world will help. The problem is the touch lamps themselves. They are quite easily triggered by stray RF. The best thing to happen is if he gets rid of the damned things. They cause RFI in-house and they are easily triggered as mentioned.

Wow, memories. Drove around in the 80s for hours at a time at night in my z28 with a sweet sixteen and a Goldenrod 45 antenna turning people's lamps on and off and opening garage doors. Maybe offer to buy him a few new lamps of his choice.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Good ground on my gear, gues I have to back off on my power!
It is his responsibility.

Having said that, try explaining the situation and maybe offer to chip in to help replace them. Keep peace with the neighbor and get rid of those RFI hash generators. Your receive will thank you.

I explained what was happening and he was glad that I did. He has a cb in his jeep for off roading with his buddies, glad we figured it out. He's glad I don't Dx at 2 in the morning the lamps are in his bedroom.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.