• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

between.. Alinco DJ-G7 - Yaesu VX-7R ?? help me!!

hello gentlemen, good evening, I am writing from Colombia, I want to know about the Alinco DJ-G7? I want to buy one but not between Yaesu VX-7R or Alinco DJ-G7, which one choose? I advised you? if possible want to know everything you know about this radio.

+ I want to know that this is the Tx?
+ in fact it is full duplex?
+ as does the RX?
+ has roger beep?
+ Channel Steps:? how it works with the Alinco?
For example: This is the Yaesu 7R, 5/9/10/12.5/15/20/25/50/100 kHz, I mean? because that information can not find it anywhere ...
+ using UHF band, channel steps of 6.25 or 5.12 dog and Rx / Tx or for GMRS / FRS is the band of the two-way radios 5,10,20,30 miles? Such as Motorola radios?

I'm desperate and want to buy a radio! but which choose ...

:confused:I'm between the YAESU 7R, Alinco DJ-7GT?? I have no other candidate ... maybe, the Kenwood TH-F6A, but helps me please.

tks for your attention.

Att: Jonathan
Email: ing.jonathandelgado@hotmail.com

I think I can help you with your decision with one question: Do you have a need to TX or RX at 1.2GHz? If not, then you probably would be served best with the Yaesu VX-7r.

The Yaesu VX-7r transmits on 50/144/440 Mhz, whereas the DJ-G7 transmits on 144/440/1200 Mhz. The VX7 is rated for 30 minutes submersion, the DJ-G7 is not. The Alinco is a solid radio and comes with a lot of accessories however, it has some odd quirks. Most noticeable is the fact that it won't receive on 70cm in NFM mode above 475.750Mhz. This may have already been fixed with a firmware update, but I'm not sure.

On the Alinco's side, it's firmware can be updated by the user; the Yaesu cannot. The Alinco is full duplex; the Yaesu is not. The Alinco is not a bad radio at all. It's a rugged, basic tri-band radio that gives you a lot for the money. The channel steps are the same for both radios, so that won't be an issue. I don't have many complaints with the Alinco; I just couldn't find a good use for 1.2 Ghz.

Here's a review I did on the Alinco DJ-G7: http://www.worldwidedx.com/handitalkies/35169-review-new-alinco-dj-g7.html

fixed in the latest firmware-update???

Most noticeable is the fact that it won't receive on 70cm in NFM mode above 475.750Mhz. This may have already been fixed with a firmware update, but I'm not sure.[/url]

+ anyone with the Alinco DJ-G7, know if this error has already fixed in the latest firmware-update???
+ I do not understand the error on the frequency 475.750Mhz? sorry but can you explain me better?

mmm, :confused: I am for the Alinco, but I do not think in my city traffic beyond about 23cm, I like the idea of Full duplex, somehow I can hit a satellite. right? (y), but until they pa well as the frequency error is about 70cm, I can not choose .. I hope to hear soon about this error ... someone else help me? please?

I want to know about Yaesu, have 5 watts on 6 mtrs? have you tried the Yaesu VX-7R on this frequency? such works?:confused:

Am I bought one of the two, the difference in Gigaparts, is $ 30 ($ 290 Yaesu and Alinco $ 324) both with free shipping ... but I need the PC cable, and adapter cable for the block, then the Alinco comes with everything around 400 (Universal Radio shortwave, amateur, scanner and CB radio since 1942) and 350 yet for the Yaesu on (Universal Radio shortwave, amateur, scanner and CB radio since 1942) as the difference is $ 50. you know of another store where it comes out cheaper?

thank you very much for your attention.

Yes, you can get 5 watts on FM on 6 meters and it works. I don't know how well it will work in your area, but if you have 6 meter repeaters you might be able to hit them. You can use either radio to work satellites; you don't really need full duplex to do that.

The issue that I was referring to on the Alinco is that if you want to monitor frequencies above 475.750Mhz, it will only do it in Wide FM mode; which is useless. This is only an issue if you have police/fire/etc. that use that frequency range. That is not a range that is in the amateur band plan.

The Alinco DOES come with a lot of accessories for the price, which is nice. It is a nice little radio. You can try to see if you can find them cheaper on ebay. Other places to look are HRO Ham Radio Outlet Worldwide Supplier of Amateur Radio Electronics Equipment and AES Home page.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.