• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Big Daddy Antenna New Photos.

Mr clean you are right Antenna it 90% of a station. My dad alway's said u can run 1000 watts but with out a good Antenna u just as well stick with 4 watts. Thanks for the post God Bless. silvereagle 399.

Looks great but I recommend a longer mast to get the bottom of your vertical elements above the tower. I've played with vertical Yagi's a fair amount and on a antenna analyzer I always see major reactance, as well as other not so nice readings, when they aren't at least three feet above the tower. The coupling is the problem. Of course the verticals couple with the steel mast as well but not a lot a person do about that but the tower seems to distort things even more than the mast in my own experiences.

Hey thanks but for now i think i will stay with what i got. You could be right about what your saying as i can not say otherwise. I have very good swr's and have talked from one end of the US to the other as well as 3 oversea;s country's and i think thats as good as any rig out there dose. On the other hand I would like to thank everyone who helped along the way I could not have done it without your help and this forum to look for help. Now that being said I hope I can help someone else along the way. God Bless you all. silvereagle1. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio