• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Blue buttons vs. black buttons FTM-350

KC5NOI

Sep 27, 2010
Hello all!

Maybe someone can help answer this question for me. I just bought (9-27-2010) a new FTM-350 from Ham Radio Outlet and noticed that all of side buttons on the remote head are black. I noticed in some of the photos in this forum, there are 2 blue buttons on the left and 1 blue on the right. Is the one with the blue buttons an older model? If so, I'm happy to think I have the latest model with corrected firmware, etc. That leads to another question, how do I find out what version firmware is installed?

KC5NOI

UPDATE!!! ...I just called Yaesu support and was told that its a newer model and only a cosmetic change. He also said that any FTM-350 purchased in the last couple months, will have the black buttons and latest firmware (to correct the GPS direction issues).

Thought I would leave my original post up, just incase someone else was curious.

73's

Last edited:

well, since you asked, I might as well embarrass myself. At the time I posted the message, I was in my office, with low level lighting and I thought the buttons appeared to be black. In fact they are a very bark blue. What makes it more interesting, after calling Yaesu tech support, I was informed that he hadn't yet seen one with black buttons, however Yaesu changes cosmetics from time to time to distinguish between different lots, etc etc and I must have one of the newer models. haha. So...in a nut shell, I was wrong to begin with and thought my post was useless. :D Is it 5:00 o'clock yet??? :p

P.S. I did get my answer on finding out what version firmware it has. Power button + left buttom, hold both when powering on. I actaully have version 1.0. but have had no problems with it so far. GPS and all. Time will tell I guess. Tech support told me NOT to upgrade to 1.1 if I didn't experience any problems. "If it ain't broke, dont fix it!"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.