• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bob's CB Radio Shop

Bob's CB

Bob's CB was suggested to me when I posted that I bought an AR-3500 and was looking for someone to service it to optimum performance. I contacted him via email and his response was quick. He communicated his turnaround time is close to 60 days. I appreciated his candor. If you're the owner of an AR-3300 or AR-3500 he may be the most qualified on those models because of his afiliation and I believe Clear Channel forwarded all the parts for those rigs to his possession when they closed and since the inventory for those AR's are already there, he doesn't need to wait on shipping.
Best is subjective....
....at best :D

3's

I totally agree with L-1 on this one . With the money that is charged ! 6 days alone is long enough let alone 60 of them ! You can ask Doc and M.C. about that one and those guys were more then humble on there months and months of waiting for there stuff from somebody else. At least the dude said 60 days up front to the guy , this was more then likely his way of saying he didn't know how to repair it in the first place but didn't want to make himself look bad. I can understand a guy being out of parts and having to order new ones , even then , a few weeks at tops should me more then long enough to fix any damned cb radio ! Although a AR-3500 is a radio they stopped making 20 some years ago and is a 10 meter , if my math is right ? Although I can find a few strange happenings with many a cb radio over the years , most and I mean most of them going back 30 years are usually fairly easy fixes for any knowledgeable radio person. I will agree , there are times that one must ween out the certain problems in them , when this happens it usually means time and this is when the radio can be put to the side while other work gets completed , even still , there are no guaranties , you can either fix the thing or not or its just not worth ones time after time has already been spent on any given radio.

linearone said:
excuse me, is that correct? 60 days?

I dont care if his soldering iron drips gold and has the holy grail zip tied to it. I wouldnt even consider him now hearing this.

I send a radio to dtb on wed, he gets it thursday, fixes it and sends it back I have it on friday....

Thats a shop that wants to get it done and out of there.

DTB is the way for me.

Obviously 60 days is a long turnaround time for a radio repair/service but maybe there was a justifiable reason ?

At least Bob was honest about the long turnaround time and unlike some other techs. on this forum he does answer his e-mails.

yep, he answered quickly and at least gave me an honest assessment of his time. I understand if someone has booming business and is tied up. At least he didn't say a week and then it turn into 60 days...or longer. As far as the AR-3500/AR-3300 he has all the parts in his possession so there's no wait on parts.
And the price he quoted on the proposed mod I asked about was good too. Converting a 30W into a 100W for less than 2bills on an AR-3500 is a good deal. And from doing my research I found out he is highly regarded.

73's

I've had several radio's done by Bob and have no complaints at all. The times I've been to his shop he has always treated me and the radio's with respect. I ususally leave the radio there and pick it up on the way back through there.

this was more then likely his way of saying he didn't know how to repair it in the first place but didn't want to make himself look bad-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....WHOOOO HOO HOOO HOOO....AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....WOW! OK! RELAX....TAKE DEEP BREATH.....OK, THAT'S BETTER. bob f? bob? bob's cb? not knowing about clear channel/rf limited ar3500's? WHEW....that's like saying babe ruth didn't know anything about hitting baseballs.
SORRY :p

davegrantsr said:
this was more then likely his way of saying he didn't know how to repair it in the first place but didn't want to make himself look bad-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....WHOOOO HOO HOOO HOOO....AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....WOW! OK! RELAX....TAKE DEEP BREATH.....OK, THAT'S BETTER. bob f? bob? bob's cb? not knowing about clear channel/rf limited ar3500's? WHEW....that's like saying babe ruth didn't know anything about hitting baseballs.
SORRY :p

I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Since he is the only warranty center for Clear Channel Corp. on the east coast

bob

I've been to his shop, and he is very good, and well respected. He is (I think) a warrenty repair shop for galaxy, and was active in the development of the Top Gun. Great guy, great reputation. I know others are very good as well, but in this business reputable people stand apart.

Re: bob

freud said:
...He is (I think) a warranty repair shop for galaxy....

No, Galaxy handles all warranty work in-house. They use no outside shops for warranty work. They do have 3 shops which they will recommend to their customers for work on their out-of-warranty radios, but Bob's isn't among them. Bob's shop was once a warranty repair center for Magnum, but I'm not sure if he still is.

I could have sworn Chris Holland at The Radio Shop in Ontario.So.Cal. did warranty work for Galaxy ? Suppose I must have misunderstood ? Wouldn't be the first time and more then likely won't be the last. Can't count how many times IM in trouble with the better half because she claims she already told me something but I just don't listen ? Tends to make me think IM losing my mind from time to time , they do say the brain is first to go. :? Now RF Limited / Magnum I know for sure he does. IM still scratching my head on that big ass box he got from Rolling Radios a few years back that were all Galaxy warranty radios ? Hmmmm Go figure huh ? I sat there while he fixed a few of them in minutes and he basically asked me why couldn't R&R had fixed them himself ? for the simple reason they were all fairly easy fixes ? If they were not warrenty radio via Galaxy , why would Chris be doing them for R&R in the first place ? I must have really screwed that one up ? Hmmmmm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.