• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bob's CB Shop

Clodhopper

Oct 15, 2016
Bob's CB shop is awesome. I recently purchased a Stryker 655hp from him. Awesome radio and a awesome tune. Installed the radio in my KW truck, connected to a single Wilson 2000 ant fed with 12ft. of mini 8 coax.
Radio is powered from the factory installed dash post for positive and negative. Idling it's carrying 14.1v keyed up and talking it's carrying 13.4v. Variable deadkey is from 1w to 20w swinging to between 80-85 watts. Man what a TALKER!! 30-50 miles consistently...
My hats off to Bob's CB shop in Corsica, PA..This dude is awesome!!!!(y)

Cool I have no complaints at all, I almost bought into the Fine Tune CB Shop Hype, but that dudes ego was to over inflated for me and I wasn't that impressed when talking to him on the phone..

Reactions: NZ8N and Holydvr
Yeah he was suggested to me by a friend, and I'm sold no doubt.
Customer service was great, they don't mind answering questions about what they are selling and don't try to talk you into stuff thats not needed. Turn around time on my order was superb as well...

From what I understand about Bob, have him do the basic tune only and it will be decent, but have him do the high watt/comp tune, you'll end up with a junk box that sounds like manure and fades out into the distance pretty quick.

But that's pretty typical of comp tunes in general in my experience, they set em up to make a meter happy and that's about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Also, I'm surprised they sold you 12 feet of coax. My experiences there suggest that they're forehead deep in the 18' coax myth.

From what I understand about Bob, have him do the basic tune only and it will be decent, but have him do the high watt/comp tune, you'll end up with a junk box that sounds like that guy in the vid rabbi posted.

But that's pretty typical of comp tunes in general in my experience, they set em up to make a meter happy and that's about it.
I thought the guy in the video had a great sounding radio. It was crystal clear.

Also, I'm surprised they sold you 12 feet of coax. My experiences there suggest that they're forehead deep in the 18' coax myth.

I'll allow Mr Hopper to supply the final word, but I'm pretty sure the coax length he used was from a former install and had nothing to do with Bob's. As far as the "18' coax myth", as many times as I've been to Bob's I've never heard that mentioned.

Really wish Bob's was accepting mail in radio repairs. Right now they will only service what they sold.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.