• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Boomer 500 Deluxe

skybolt58

Nov 9, 2008
Tug Hill NY
I have this boomer 500 and it works fine, I just got done rebuilding the power supply side, and when I shut it off, and wait like a few min then turn it on, I have to hit the reset button all the time? now the person I got it from said he had to do the same thing? any one out here have one of these, and do you have to hit the reset button every time you re turn on the power supply?

That is Normal.
When you shut the supply down, as the Caps bleed off you will hear a "click"
When you power back up, you must press the "reset" button to supply power to the outputs and Amp, you will hear the Same "click" as the relay closes.

Jeff

Yes unfortunately that is how they all are. Are bought to brandnew at the sametime back in the later 1990s and thought that it was a fluke because the first one I unboxed did this. Then I inmdiately opened the second one and yupp the same!! Although it was no big deal you get used to it and turn it on without even having to think about it after a few times of powering it up ;)

The one thing that did however drive me nuts was NO FAN GAURD ON THE BACK!!! I cant ell you how many times I reached behind the thing to do something and YIKES!! my hand or finger hits the fan blade and it scares the $h!+ outta ya!!!

Yup they all do that. I had one once and i thought it was odd you had to do that but i got used to it. Thats one amp i wish i had not of sold.

Thats one amp i wish i had not of sold.
Yupp as I said I had 2 of those I bought brandnew and should have kept one around even if I wouldnt use it all that much I still should have kept one of them.

Another Base amplifier I had wished Ide have kept 1 of is I bought 2 solidstate Galaxy I believe they were 250 base amplifiers they were gold and black they were really cool because you could unplug them from the wall and put them in a car and you would hook your 13.8 volt DC power wires to the power supply lugs on the back of the amplifier. You could use the lugs as a power supply in the house on 11V AC or the lugs served as power hookups for moble istallation.

I cant even find a pictuire of one of these online but Ill keep looking they were nice amplifers.

boomer

OK Thanks for the info, All! I just thought maybe there was something wrong. so all is good, and the amp works great now that the ps is all rebuilt with 7 new Tip35's 3 new 47000uf caps 1 new tip31 and a new low med hi power seitch and resistors..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.