• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bought a FT-897D Used.

Sep 4, 2012
I was able to find a FT-897 with two batteries, slow charger, Collins SSB filter, Auto-tuner, TTP Yaesu Mic, cat interface cable, packet cable and the NIfty manual for 1200 and its less than a year old....seemed like a decent deal, let me know what you think also I'm gonna need a mobile antenna? What other accessories should I get?

Reactions: 1 person

The FT-897 is a great radio... it's my primary base rig. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

As for accessories - I just have the LDG AT-897 antenna tuner, a Signalink USB sound card interface for PSK31, G5RV Jr. HF antenna, 2m / 440 antenna, Yaesu MD-100 desk microphone, LDG Meter, and CAT computer interface cable.

If you don't have a LDG FT-Meter (analog meter) - I would recommend getting one of those. LDG FT-Meter FT-897D

Have fun!

If you don't have a LDG FT-Meter (analog meter) - I would recommend getting one of those. LDG FT-Meter FT-897D

Have fun!

I second that about the meter. I have the FT-857 with the LDG analog meter and it is GREAT. Much easier to read and you can set the internal digital meter to read one thing ,like SWR, while the external meter reads power. It really is a good accessory to have.

I have an 857 and a 897 and love them bioth and have also looked at those LDG external plugin meters. my 897 has the addon tuner which works great I love both rigs and will eventually get the batteries for the 897.

I thought the 897 was the cats meow for portable or field work but the 857 is soooo compact its excellent but misses the auto tuner and batterioes but I have it in a travel bag with a MFJ-941E which all fits just as good as the 897 did but with trhe 857D I can also fit a Radio Shack 2000 watt power SWR HF meter and a G5RV dipole antenna!! I at this point letting either of those 2 rigs go they do EVERYTHING!!

You found a good score in that rig (y)

I already had this equipment and I only have good things to say of him, in our tropical heat which prevails, he did not quite warmed with its 100 watts. I believe you have a great product on their hands.
73 Mark PY3BIG Porto Alegre RS Brazil.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.