• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bought Another Quadcopter - Here We Go ...

KF6IRK

Kapt. Irk
Mar 2, 2013
So Cal
Over the past 3 years, I kept passing by a hobby store (Pacific Coast Hobbies) a few blocks from my shop, said one of these days I need to stop in and see what they have in there. Well, yesterday, I did.

Pretty cool store, has a lot of stuff - unfortunately, not what I needed (a small motor gear for a mini helicopter that I crashed) BUT, they had a display of what I believe to be the smallest quad copters I've ever seen.

The body of this thing is about the size of my thumb. The total dimensions are less than 2" square, and it's a true RF (2.4 gHz?) control so you can fly it outdoors if it isn't too breezy.

They were only $40., so I bought one. Can't have too many toys ;)

This thing is tiny, Estes Proto X ... check it out (next to an AA battery) :blink:

EstesMiniQuad1.JPG

Reactions: 3 people

A Proto X was my first quadcopter around christmas time, thanks to the wife. I got hooked and got a helimax 1si which is also pretty fun!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.