• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Brand new galaxy dx 959 no modulation?

I adjusted some tuning pots with my golden screwdriver you dick faces lol. The radio went from weak out of the box to pretty much dead. Yeah I returned the pos. Thanks for all the words of wisdom, especially from you ham guys.

I adjusted some tuning pots with my golden screwdriver you dick faces lol. The radio went from weak out of the box to pretty much dead. Yeah I returned the pos. Thanks for all the words of wisdom, especially from you ham guys.

Two pieces of advice here. 1) Watch who you call dick faces and 2) leave the golden screwdriver on the bench if you don't know how to use one. As for the comment regarding "the ham guys", you could do worse listening to some others.

Reactions: unit_399

It always seems like theres some important bits of info you leave out when you have an equipment failure. I've blown up my share of equipment too.:D

I feel like I have been trolled.
I was hanging off a cliff and a guy would couldn't reach me handed down his belt for me to grab onto after I latched on I reached up and cut him on his hand.
Yes he did let go of the rope.

Just for the record to all you elitist bloggers, I have successfully modified 20 plus custom cb radios. Everything from mosfet conversions, Frequency conversion, lesscom boards, almost every echo board available, my own 10kc slide on a 959 and no I didn't cut any traces, my own built variable power, receiver improvments... so it's not my first rodeo.

Reactions: Odancoiler
Just for the record to all you elitist bloggers, I have successfully modified 20 plus custom cb radios. Everything from mosfet conversions, Frequency conversion, lesscom boards, almost every echo board available, my own 10kc slide on a 959 and no I didn't cut any traces, my own built variable power, receiver improvments... so it's not my first rodeo.
Most of the time there is a problem with the modulation may be found in the circuit near the largest transistor mounted to the frame. Or, might be the bias settings on the driver and final. Could be a defective filter. Could be a bad mixer IC. You are going to have to trace the signal from input to output. Even then, that will only give you an idea of the area of failure. Good Hunting.

Sounds like you started out the same way I did - doing mods.

Reactions: LeapFrog

805 california, just wanted to let you know that i get your sense of humor.
mine is similar and sometimes it just doesn't come across in text form.

I was absolutely ribbing you a bit when i said "well what did you do to it?", and i felt like your response was meant at least in part for me. It made me laugh either way.

i guess sending the radio back was the right way to go, seeing as you had a warranty.

To all- when one of us uses the term 'golden screwdriver' in reference to ourselves, it's meant to be self-deprecating and to elicit a laugh from the audience.

tough room!
LC

Don't take this as an insult but you haven't finished the first rodeo yet...I don't know that I have either. The deeper you get into radio you will realize how little you know....im there and have been for a few years.

The modifications that most people do are basic electronics and connect the dots mods from the Internet. A real technician understands the whole circuit and can troubleshoot it. That's not the same as doing a channel mod, echo board, snipping a diode or some other mod you can buy at a truck stop.

Someone on another forum said we are all at different stages of learning. He's right about thay but if you let your ego get in the way you'll never learn another damn thing. Take negative criticism constructively and move on. If someone is just being a dick ignore them.

You might think it was a new radio, it could have been a return!!! If you plan on holding onto it, get the service manual and start with the align steps.

So Dickface is humorous ? I don't think there is any place for name calling. A one word, or a 2,000 characters rant can usually get the point across.

So Dickface is humorous ? I don't think there is any place for name calling. A one word, or a 2,000 characters rant can usually get the point across.
Just as we were all at a certain place with our knowledge, the same can be said with how one handles stress, we are all at different levels of maturity.
When I was younger and hot-headed I would react in a manner totally different from the same situation now-a-days.

This is not meant to insult anyone, just an observation.
Sometimes having patience with someone at a different level can help smooth the situation out, mostly misunderstandings.

And I agree 100% w/ 543 Dallas, ego can become the largest roadblock in ones path.

2FB327, In my opinion the original poster should have mentioned he was attempting to modify the radio in the first post, it's quite possible he was embarrassed about the goof up and just didn't want to admit it. I don't really think he was trolling, although I cannot read minds.

Last edited:
Just for the record to all you elitist bloggers, I have successfully modified 20 plus custom cb radios
Great that is awesome but name calling?..really? Not cool.... Nobody called you anything derogatory! By the very nature of this site most who are working with CB's are modding them in some fashion and so it is natural to assume that this was the case here. Next time to avoid generalization provide more information and maybe the rest can try not to assume as much (myself included).... 73 (One of the ham guys).... :)

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.