• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bruiser amps anyone know anything about

I have a bruiser 100 ab class amp it powers up but have no remote need some help on how to wire it up. Any help is appreciated

The easiest way is to install a female stereo phone jack in the cabinet somewhere, run a wire from the tip of the stereo jack to 12v+ and the other wire from the center lug of the stereo jack to the + side of the relay coil.

When the remote switch is in use the power switch on the amp will be in the off position and vice/versa.

You can use a simple on/off toggle switch for the remote switch, run 2 wires to a male stereo plug making sure to use on the tip and the center conductors on the plug, a volt ohm meter is handy when doing this modification.

PICT0066.jpg

here is a pic I wish it had the remote with it but I got it for free cause it didn't have the remote. All I would really like to know is what to wires go together to turn it on and is the second set of wires to turn on the ssb I'm new to amps and would like to try this behind my grant xl on ssb If I wasn't married I would've got rid of it by now but have no money right now and if I can get it running it will be a cheap amp to play with. Thank you

PICT0066.jpg

here is a pic I wish it had the remote with it but I got it for free cause it didn't have the remote. All I would really like to know is what to wires go together to turn it on and is the second set of wires to turn on the ssb I'm new to amps and would like to try this behind my grant xl on ssb If I wasn't married I would've got rid of it by now but have no money right now and if I can get it running it will be a cheap amp to play with. Thank you

Would be more helpful to see the other end of the amp because you could just tie into the switches already there and I would'nt have a clue about it being a ssb rig with out that.

I suppose you'll have to track down the trace on the circuit board that recieves 12v when the power is turned on to the relay.

Do this by means of using a volt/ohm meter, locate all the traces leading into or out of the relay, there should be only one that will indicate 12v when the power switch is in the on position, you will clean and solder a wire lead to that terminal on the power switch and one to the positive power in terminal on the power switch and terminate those leads with an on/off toggle switch of sorts i the location of your choice.

Nice old amp that is, it has the old stud mount rf transistors.

oldamphu8.jpg

Last edited:
should the relay click when i turn it on.

Nope.

Only if it has a pre amp and it's switched on when you turn the amp on.

The keying relay should only click when the amp is keyed.

Nope.

Only if it has a pre amp and it's switched on when you turn the amp on.

The keying relay should only click when the amp is keyed.
It either has a preamp or the 2nd contact in that relay switches on the biasing at powerup which I don't care for but it may be tied through the keyup relay also which would be fine.

Could we get a pic of the front panel please?

yeah you're right, now seeing that the box is missing the remote control head I would be hardpressed to figure it out seeing it has a 2 sided circuit board.

I would need a schematic.

Well Thank you for trying I guess Im just going to hook it up and use a jumper the most i can do is blow it up i got it real cheap and i can't find anyone who knows anything about them.
to do that hook up some power and use your volt/ohm meter and find the negatives and positive contacts through the multi pin socket.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.