• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

build a 4 pill dvd disk

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
Just received a ebay disk I ordered for "how to build a 4 pill amplifier" and after reading it I realized this is much more than I will ever use/need. It claims 1000 watts out at 80 watts peak in and 17 volts at 65 amps. Doesn't say if it is useable for ssb but has no switch for it just a power switch and a remote jack. I feel I could build this but just don't feel it is cost effective. This disk only works in a computer dvd and must be read and picture viewed one at a time, You can view pics in slide show but must read the instructions on how to build step by step. I paid $3.99 for the disk and $5 shipping only to find out that it is a burned disk and the envelope is marked $1.05 shipping. This was bought from bottinijohn on ebay. Just thought I would let you know in case you had looked at it. The info seems good but unsure about cost effective.

its absolutely not cost effective. the only reason to do it is if you are looking for a project.

you can buy the same amp that you will build for much cheaper.

also, the info that you received is on the internet for free.
join the quackshack forum and all the info and pics are on there.

thats probably where your ebay seller got the info from in the first place.

there are lots of people selling info on ebay that is already out there for free.

heck, there are still people trying to sell a CD of the secret CB books! LOL
LC

I wondered who was buying those plans on eBay. It's info you can get for free on the internet if you look around a bit. Or just buy the ARRL AR Handbook and you'll get plans for more stuff (including amps) than you can probably build n a lifetime.

lol, dont feel bad bammbamm. that wasnt my intention.

we've all done it.
i had no idea the linear plans were out there until someone here asked about the "linear cookbook."

at least it was only 10 bucks.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.