• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Building an Amp

How 'bout 1800 watts @ 65 Volts? Hmm, MRFX1K80 amp sounds good to me (y) in fact make it a double...

https://globenewswire.com/news-rele...S-Technology-that-Speeds-RF-Power-Design.html

"Reference circuits for 27 MHz and 87.5-108 MHz applications are available now."

aKSFwXB.jpg

http://images.contact.nxp.com/Web/FreescaleSemiconductorInc/{38f67038-d840-4f4f-bd3e-d74c02cf8a53}_NXP-65-V-LDMOS-Overview.pdf

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/data-sheets/PRFX1K80H.pdf

Last edited:
Well, did you even read his post ? He told you what he had ..........

This is an internet discussion forum. Of course people will simply respond to the last post or last couple posts made without reading the entire thread especially if they are late to the thread and there are many posts. It happens ALL THE TIME. No need to be nasty about it especially if it was not of your concern. Just saying.

Availability and Development Support

The MRFX1K80H transistor in an air cavity ceramic package is currently sampling, with production expected in August 2017. Reference circuits for 27 MHz and 87.5-108 MHz applications are available now.
[photo="medium"]4663[/photo] .
Looks like the 27 MHz "support" is hidden from the "open public"? :unsure:
I can't find any schematic/detailed list, just references to how the device performed.
A 230 MHz narrow band schematic can be seen.
Figure 5. 27 MHz Narrowband Performance (In NXP Reference Circuit, 50 ohm system)

What "NXP Reference Circuit", the narrow-band one for 230 MHz, lmao..
Maybe they don't want to feel uncle Charlie's whip.
I'm sure they will provide a reference circuit to a paying customer.

Attachments

• PRFX1K80H.pdf
    406.5 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
This is an internet discussion forum. Of course people will simply respond to the last post or last couple posts made without reading the entire thread especially if they are late to the thread and there are many posts. It happens ALL THE TIME. No need to be nasty about it especially if it was not of your concern. Just saying.
Uh, the reason that was said is because he was only the second responder at the very beginning of the thread, and it was obvious he never even read my opening post, just one above his useless comment. That doesn't happen all the time. What you are saying does. That's not what happend at all..

Uh, the reason that was said is because he was only the second responder at the very beginning of the thread, and it was obvious he never even read my opening post, just one above his useless comment. That doesn't happen all the time. What you are saying does. That's not what happend at all..

I was addressing Ranch55 not you.

Ain't it funny how some people just feel the need to straighten out where other people come off the rails??
If it was just an average member it would be kind of funny but Captain Kilowatt is a staff member and moderator of the forum; I believe he is just trying to keep everything civil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusher
If it was just an average member it would be kind of funny but Captain kilowatt is a staff member and moderator of the Forum I believe he is just trying to keep everything civil
I regress... Just irked me the other night that the poster clearly didn't read my opening post, then got defended..That's all.. I'm quiet..

I regress... Just irked me the other night that the poster clearly didn't read my opening post, then got defended..That's all.. I'm quiet..
No problem man, some people will tell you need an excavator to dig a small trench. After all you are just trying to get your feet wet; we know you are not ready to make a swimming pool, yet! ~Everyone starts somewhere~

If you want a more modern build and decide to go LDMOS:
I guess the new NXP LDMOS, will be a drop-in-compatible part with the boards used along-side previous generation of this style part. I hope that means they drop in w/ the Russian, Israeli, Greek BLF188XR boards often times sold on the popular auction website; because I couldn't find the "blueprint" publicly available, but I'm more than sure if a paying customer called and asked for support..

So with (the new part) & only 15 volts more
(+ a few mods to the 'old boards', if they can't already handle 65V) and you get an additional +600 watts [CW], Good on you NXP!
Then all you would need really would be the power supply!
(maybe even a re-purposed server PSU)

Last edited:
Reactions: RunAway15
No problem man, some people will tell you need an excavator to dig a small trench. After all you are just trying to get your feet wet; we know you are not ready to make a swimming pool, yet! ~Everyone starts somewhere~

If you want a more modern build and decide to go LDMOS:
I guess the new NXP LDMOS, will be a drop-in-compatible part with the boards used along-side previous generation of this style part. I hope that means they drop in w/ the Russian, Israeli, Greek BLF188XR boards often times sold on the popular auction website; because I couldn't find the "blueprint" publicly available, but I'm more than sure if a paying customer called and asked for support..

So with (the new part) & only 15 volts more
(+ a few mods to the 'old boards', if they can't already handle 65V) and you get an additional +600 watts [CW], Good on you NXP!
Then all you would need really would be the power supply!
(maybe even a re-purposed server PSU)

http://www.qsl.net/kf8od/freescale.html
Leap, this may help...just scroll down the page...

Reactions: LeapFrog
http://www.qsl.net/kf8od/freescale.html
Leap, this may help...just scroll down the page...
Thank you Mudduckmobile for putting the hammer, back in plain sight!

I did see the KF8OD link posted as I was skimming through the thread so if this was already posted, I apologize for being so blind. I hadn't re-visited KF8OD's site in a while, to re-discover what I saw (and forgot I saw) once again. :eek: Because I wasn't (back then) saving a small "knowledge hoard" on my hard drive, and at the time I was not ready to build the amplifier or buy parts, but at least i'll have a fighting chance in hell if I do decide to build a modern box!

Thank You Once Again MudDuckmobile, And Thank You to KF8OD, Andrew Buckler K2OP and to BBB, RunAway15, and everyone else in the thread for helping out also.
Edit: http://www.qsl.net/kf8od/ldmos.html

Gasp, It looks like Hams really are at the very heart of radio! I am glad to be in this hobby and community where people can be friends no matter what they like.

Okay i'm off to dream about an LDMOS box, and fast thrills w/ nice women.
ldmos5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudduckmobile

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.