• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bullet proof amps

tvrc18

May 1, 2011
were can you buy a bullet proof brand amp? I see them on amature linears page but see no way to order or inquire?

If you want a bullet proof amp, thry an Alpha, or maybe a Tokyo Highpower.
Rich

gatl-5a.jpg

I have a Bullet Proof 2 pill with 1446 finals. It's an exellent AB amplifier and has the best "variable" SSB delay I have ever seen. There is a VR pot on the back of the amp that lets you set the delay time. AMA is the only place I ever saw selling them. Sparkys cb shack did sell them at one time but I think they are no longer selling them. I will see if I can locate them for sale on the web.

I have a Bullet Proof 2 pill with 1446 finals. It's an exellent AB amplifier and has the best "variable" SSB delay I have ever seen. There is a VR pot on the back of the amp that lets you set the delay time. AMA is the only place I ever saw selling them. Sparkys cb shack did sell them at one time but I think they are no longer selling them. I will see if I can locate them for sale on the web.

I have a 2 pill 2879 I built to which I incorporated the the same delay but I had no idea there was such an amp in production at the time I developed mine.

ps: mine is on the front of the amp because there was already a hole drilled there.

I saw that site but see no way to email or order, what's up with that?
Just my theory, but: if they provide a means to order, somebody would probably buy a "Bulletproof" amplifier.

If somebody bought one, he might blow it up, thereby proving that it wasn't bulletproof to begin with.

Therefore, no way to prove false advertising! Ta Da!!

I ended up buying this amp and have a couple of questions. Will a stock HR 2510 over drive this amp. I will mainly be on usb. Should I turn down the alc for less output from the 2510? It says in the add it has 2879's but the only info I found shows 1446's. I know that would over drive them.

That depends on a couple factors, such as what kind of overdrive protection the amp might have (if any) and the number of transistors.

Personally I wouldn't hit it with 25W+ if it's running a pair of SD1446s. 12W PEP is the absolute highest I would go, so yes you should turn it down.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.