• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CalFire 4 Element Mobile Antenna!

will85w4

Apr 12, 2010
Coachella Valley, So Cal
Driving on the I-10 down here and my wife sees this and decides to snap a picture. (I know, I thought the same thing about the wife...she's finally coming around to the whole radio thing if she sees an antenna and thinks I'd like to see it!)

Attachments

• calfire antenna.jpg
    calfire antenna.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 148

Googled it...yes Googling can work wonders when you are in need of information.

Word Origin & History

google

"to search (something) on the Google search engine," 2000 (do a google on was used by 1999). The domain google.com was registered in 1997. A verb google was an early 20c. cricket term in ref. to a type of breaking ball.Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper

Main Entry: google1
Part of Speech: v
Definition: to search for information about a specific person through the Google search engine
Example: She googled her high school boyfriends.
Etymology: trademark Google
Usage: googling n
Main Entry: google2
Part of Speech: v
Definition: to search for information on the Internet, esp. using the Google search engine
Example: We googled to find the definition of the new word.
Etymology: trademark Google
Usage: googling n

Goo·gle (gōō'gəl)
A trademark used for an Internet search engine. This trademark often occurs in print as a verb, sometimes in lowercase: "A high school English teacher ... recently Googled a phrase in one student's paper and found it had been taken from a sample essay of an online editing service" (Chris Berdik).
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.