• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can anyone recommend a good antenna stud?

Stay away from Bar-Jan. Go to your local CB shop or a Flyin J or T/A truck stop and buy the Firestick Stud ( has 2 places to put your wrench on it. ) Better Quality and last longer. JMHO I always changed the studs once a year and take a little bit of fine sandpaper and clean the top of the mirror bracket off where the stud goes up through. In my case i use a vise grips plyers i slip seat for the company i drive for.

Stay away from Bar-Jan. Go to your local CB shop or a Flyin J or T/A truck stop and buy the Firestick Stud ( has 2 places to put your wrench on it. ) Better Quality and last longer. JMHO I always changed the studs once a year and take a little bit of fine sandpaper and clean the top of the mirror bracket off where the stud goes up through. In my case i use a vise grips plyers i slip seat for the company i drive for.
If you knew anything about this mount you'd not say that about it, I ran one with a 12'' shaft predator 10-k for 5 years without a problem and the mount in question also has a place to use 2 wrenches and the one you're talking about will hold a wilson 5 k which by the way is also made by (BARJAN) so what better mount to use that one which is made by the antenna manufacturer?

The mount you're talking about is uses a 5/8 wrench to tighten and the one I suggested uses a 1 1/8'' wrench on top and a 13/16'' wrench on the bottom so that being said the mount I suggested has a much larger footprint therefore making it much more stable than the mount you're suggesting.

I have a Francis stainless stud do you think that would work?Im not useing that 5" shaft version so I wouldn't think there would be too much stress on the mount although coming from a 2000 its definately heavier.

I have a Francis stainless stud do you think that would work?Im not useing that 5" shaft version so I wouldn't think there would be too much stress on the mount although coming from a 2000 its definately heavier.
Yes it will work perfectly fine, my suggestion is just to give you the best stud for your money and still work later on if you choose to get an antenna later with more wind load.

If you knew anything about this mount you'd not say that about it, I ran one with a 12'' shaft predator 10-k for 5 years without a problem and the mount in question also has a place to use 2 wrenches and the one you're talking about will hold a wilson 5 k which by the way is also made by (BARJAN) so what better mount to use that one which is made by the antenna manufacturer?

The mount you're talking about is uses a 5/8 wrench to tighten and the one I suggested uses a 1 1/8'' wrench on top and a 13/16'' wrench on the bottom so that being said the mount I suggested has a much larger footprint therefore making it much more stable than the mount you're suggesting.

Mack i wont say no more. Ive been driving trucks for 33 yrs now but from now on i will keep my comments to my self. BTW that Firestick stud is a lot better than that Bar-Jan.

Mack i wont say no more. Ive been driving trucks for 33 yrs now but from now on i will keep my comments to my self. BTW that Firestick stud is a lot better than that Bar-Jan.

That might be best, driving a truck does not qualify you as a structural engineer.

I've been driving trucks since 1988 and be active in cb/ham radio since 1970 and I've seen my share of "great mounts'' but the one I suggested is the least expensive and a very hardy mount and when coupled with a good mirror mount or roof surface will provide a very stable base for most all heavy coil style antennas.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.