• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can i get some Government help please

Mar 17, 2006
Received this from a friend who teaches at a college. THIS IS A MUST
READ.... WAKE UP

This is a subject close to my heart. Do you know that we have adult
students at the school where I teach who are not US citizens and who get
the PELL grant, which is a federal grant (no pay back required) plus other
federal grants to go to school? One student from the Dominican Republic
told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished
my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department
and she was getting PELL grant which paid for her total tuition and books,
plus money left over.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to
come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program for immigrants
and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school
or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to
be a US citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic
someday and that she 'loves HER country.' I asked her if she felt guilty
taking what the US is giving her and then not even bothering to become a
citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what
the money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a US
citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am
working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and
everyone in my family works and pays for our education.

Something is wrong here. Right? COMING SOON!

PART OF THE PROBLEM Think about this: If you don't want to forward this
for fear of offending someone -- YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is Time
for America to Speak up

All i can say is with the dollar slowly dwindling right before us, it will be to late (it already is) to stop the global expansion within 3 years we will see the amero for currency it will be from guatemala to canada and the united states as we once knew it will cease to exist. The plan has been in motion for almost 30 years, but now we have dumbed down our next generations and turned them into welfare recipients. The other side of the coin is spend,spend, spend don't worry your govt. will take care of you. Well enough of my tirade very few listen, even less care....until it's to late.

There is a huge upside to the value of the dollar decreasing: More manufacturing will likely be done in the US once again, since the dollar is weaker (we get less for our dollar in other countries). This is actually good for the nation, even though it doesn't feel like it. With a strong dollar, it was more economical to outsource things. With a weak dollar it's more economical to produce things "in house" again.

In regards to aid for foreigners, I say we should cut that all off, including illegal immigrants, and throw 'em back where they came from.

The Amero is a fable and there aren't any plans for a NAU, if you listen to the globalists.

But if you look at what they're doing, NAFTA Superhighway, SPP, et al, that's a horse of a different color.:sneaky2:

Well let's see here the pell grant thing could or could not be, i'm more inclined to believe it due to the fact that I know people here that actually get free college and housing and the govt. does pay for most of their food and things( thye aren't us citizens). The credit card ???? One of them even has their grandmother here getting social security, even though she has never worked a day of her life here or for the govt. abroad and yes iv'e seen her checks.
AS far as the so called fabled amero, i guess we'll see. the whole NAU it's already in motion, several presidents ago dems & republicans have been signing agreements over past 10 years bush(jr.) has already signed into law(with cogressional approval) the latest phase of the agreement including the super highway. But i suppose i'm just a conspiracy nut, since there are obviously more informed sheepeople out there that believe what there told, and not what they see.

Last edited:
The thing that gets me is.... I go into a store to buy something and try to use cash as much as possible but, most of the time they will ask if paying by debit or credit. Once upon a time, cash was good but more and more they are phazing out the money and wanting you to use a credit card. This way you really don't know what your spending and making it easy to live outside your means, instead of living within your means. Americans are deaply in debt and these stupid credit cards that anyone can get only allows us to become more deeply in debt because the money is readily available. If cash was being used and you had none left, you couldn't buy but, with a credit card, if you see it and want it, you buy it and worry about it later when you measly monthly bill comes in with a minimum payment of like $10.00. My father always told be and I'm glad he did. Never put more on the card than you can afford to pay in one month. Good advise and it really tees of the creit card company because they don't make any interest.

KI4MSJ,
You were basically saying that you were raised the same way i was. Unfortunately in todays society, you are judged by your credit score which is a croc of shiite. I know plenty of people who work hard and pay their bills on time but because they are up to their noses in debt they are deemed a lesser person. As far as the debit card thing they have been doing that in europe for 20 years, i had that problem when i was stationed or there so i ended up opening an account with a european bank to start building my credit. The only thing i really liked about it was when i got my divorce here she got the house but they couldn't touch anything over seas which i still have today.

I love credit and debit cards. Credit cards especially. Mine gives cash back on spending, and I have all my normal bills set up to be paid on the card. One bill per month. Of course you do have to keep an eye on your spending and pay it down in a month or two. Definitely don't fall into the trap of only paying the minimums.

I use the card partially because of my credit score, which controls auto insurance rates, and a bunch of other things. I figure all the activity on the card surely can't hurt.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.