• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can someone break down what a peak and tune is

Over clocked Electronics is the name of the shop the guy has an honest reputation Amongst drivers for doing a fair job and not high balling anyone , I called into Q5 on a couple of occasions he is upstairs in the truckstop an older guy possibly a ham radio operator by looking at the Equipment he had , it’s ok if your running up that way the shop in Gary is on a major east west interstate that carries a lot of truck traffic .

Thx. Pays to be sure.

I’ve done a bit of research which is in Gary Indiana at a truckstop the guy is highly recommend by drivers and base station operators has good reviews,
Lake Station? Shit, be careful around Gary. I used to stop there several times a week back in the 1990's and its a dangerous area. Dont wander far from the truck stop.
I wish my old radio peeps in Kalamazoo were still around.

Lake Station? Shit, be careful around Gary. I used to stop there several times a week back in the 1990's and its a dangerous area. Dont wander far from the truck stop.
Who did you speak to in Kalamzoo Michigan I used to speak to lots up there also

Reactions: Tokin
I think it’s been cleaned up not as dangerous as the 90’s

Reactions: Tokin
Who did you speak to in Kalamzoo Michigan I used to speak to lots up there also
Thats where I got into radio in the late 1980's. I knew the whole ch17 crowd, Redbone, Eastside Mikey, Triple K, Short Dick, Snowflake, Rodney and a bunch that dont come to mind since its been a long time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned