• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can someone I.D. this amp?

IRock817

Oct 29, 2011
Magnum 2.jpg

Magnum 1.jpg

I have this amp that says Magnum 4000 on the front and 40 amp max stamped on the back by the power wires!
It has four pills but they are covered up with a braided ground strap and I can't read them.
I'm hoping someone has had one of these and can enlighten me on who made it and or how big or small it is.
Thanks

Actually the Magnum 4000 & 4500 amps came first, the Cobra xl line was built as a copy of the Magnums. They are all great amps and were best at SSB talking.

Great news so far, thanks!!!! I'm guessing with it being named a 4000, maybe it's rated for 400 watts? It seems to work well but I don't have a big enough power supply to run on stage three, four or sideband. I'm wanting to run it on my base and if I learn that it's a keeper I'll invest in a power supply.

If someone knows of a link to any information for it at all please P.M. or post here please. I can't find anything on it!

Thanks Again!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.