• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can someone ID this amp?

KC2ZPK

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 15, 2010
We got this back in the late 80s maybe early 90s for the truck when we had a landscaping business. It helped get back to the 'base' when we were out working. I think it is 100W out, and we used it behind a 148GTL.
Here are a few pictures.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Amp-1.jpg
    Amp-1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Amp-2.jpg
    Amp-2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Amp-3.jpg
    Amp-3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 200

100 watts pep, key it at 25 watts.

Um! it's all point to point with no through board connections.

Um, I guess I could spend an hour or 2 tracing everything out, including the PCB in the bottom of the 2nd photo, but thought someone might have an existing schematic for it :)

And 25 watts sounds a bit much when the data sheets show P-out flattening at only 4 watts P-in each?

If no one has a schematic, I guess I will spend a little time putting one together.

thanks

I found a sche for a G-150 here: http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/gray/150/graphics/gray_150_sch.pdf Not the same amp but it might give you a few ideas.

It's a pretty common design. Find something similar and you should be able to figure it out.

There are several threads on the G-100 over at CBRT but you have to sign up to read the thread

I always liked those old Grays. Wouldn't hit them with more than 4 or 5 watts though.

I found a sche for a G-150 here: http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/gray/150/graphics/gray_150_sch.pdf Not the same amp but it might give you a few ideas.

It's a pretty common design. Find something similar and you should be able to figure it out.

There are several threads on the G-100 over at CBRT but you have to sign up to read the thread

I always liked those old Grays. Wouldn't hit them with more than 4 or 5 watts though.

Thanks, I might sign up there, just to look around. I have no idea why forums make you sign up to view?

4-5 sounds like what I remember the guy telling us 20+ years ago..

Thanks

I think what he was saying is get the amp to key 25 watts, not an input dead key of 25. So this might take 1.5 watts from the radio, might take 2. I would not dead key 4-5 watts into it, thats way too much for a small amp like that. I would also keep the PEP input to under 20 watts.

I think what he was saying is get the amp to key 25 watts, not an input dead key of 25. So this might take 1.5 watts from the radio, might take 2. I would not dead key 4-5 watts into it, thats way too much for a small amp like that. I would also keep the PEP input to under 20 watts.

that makes more sense :)

Sent from my Incredible.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.