• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can't Find Local PD Freq.

PSDfreak

Feb 10, 2006
Danville & Chico, CA
I am looking for the freq of my local Police Department... (Danville, CA Police Dept.)

I have searched for quite some time with google and yahoo and have come up with freq.'s for departments in surrounding cities, but not for Danville. Can anyone point me in the right direction or look it up for me and post??? I have been through every darn page two times and am not seeing it. I do know that it is out there and not trunked because it used to be programmed on my scanner, but has since been lost...

Again, what I am looking for is:

Danville, CA (Police Department)

Thanks in Advance,
Casey

I know this sounds really stupid..

why not ask them..

oh no officer..
it is not for me...

my father now retired from navy (comander)..
wants to pass some time listening in on whats going on in town-city-county (whatever)

that was what i did..
to be sure the frequency's i thought were the right ones...
were in fact the right ones...

for my mom likes to listen in..
and my father is retired Comander from the navy..

i had simply wanted to program my mothers scanner from my place in NJ...but they live in long island..

last thing i wanted was my mother going...
ahh come on i knew that thing would not work...lol

well you get the point..
be inventive when asking the cops for their frequency's..
always be polite and curtious and complimentry on how well they are doing keeping us safe (not always true...many times true)

Later

More than likely they have moved to a trunking system...sometimes the police won't tell you what the freq's are because they don't want you to listen in on them at the coffee shop/donut shop ...lol

Find out who services their equipment and then ask them what the freq's are...sometimes they are more Liberal minded about it...

Just go to Radio Shack and get their big Scanner Freq. book of the US. It's on sale for $19 last I saw. The easy way would be to ask a Auto garage or towing garage. A lot of them monitor.

As per Homeland Security, they probably have gone to 800 Mhz digital. I know all the departments in my area have switched. The scanners to listen to the new digital setup are a little to pricey for me.
73 Ed

you can buy frequency readers just about anywhere..
nearly any 2 way radio electronics store..

i have one (though i so rarly use it)

Later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.