• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB-28 Wheeler Dealer

Mar 21, 2011
Hi Guys. The name is Norm. I'm a member of the Pen Bay ARC of Rockland, ME. We have a 10 or so year old francis CB-28 Wheeler Dealer antenna...never used. I suppose it is set up for 28 MHz, or 10 meters. It was the property of the American Red Cross, Rockland Chapter. They gave it to our club several years ago. In the process of moviing and storage over the years, the center section had sprouted wings and flew away. Does anyone know if this is actually a 10 meter antenna and do you know where we might acquire a center section or do you know the length of the section in order that we may cob up a new one? We would like to use it for a communication trailer for the Emergency Management Agency in Rockland. I would appreciate replys at ny1b@toast.net. Thanks

We have a 10 or so year old francis CB-28 Wheeler Dealer antenna...never used. I suppose it is set up for 28 MHz, or 10 meters. It was the property of the American Red Cross, Rockland Chapter. They gave it to our club several years ago. In the process of moviing and storage over the years, the center section had sprouted wings and flew away.

A little bit of confusion, the CB-28 is a one piece fiberglass whip, no center section.
Is it possible to post a picture of the antenna in question?

Jeff

pappy.gif
FWIW - Here is a picture...
CB_28.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.