• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB handhelds.........

Nightshade

Sep 16, 2009
What is the general opinion of hand held CB's that can also be used with an auxilluary antenna?

I ask due to my main radio interest being Shortwave Listening with an occasional side trip to CB's. I need to upgrade just a bit and need a radio that is both mobil and can be used for a ad hoc base too. I've found that Radio Shack makes , or made, this type of handheld but I wonder how well they "talk" for limited range.

Any info &/or opinions are welcome .

i have a realistic trc-207 handheld cb. works great for what it is. when the skip was rolling last summer, i hooked my 102" antenna to the auxiliary antenna port and made a contact to alabama with it.

i have a realistic trc-207 handheld cb. works great for what it is. when the skip was rolling last summer, i hooked my 102" antenna to the auxiliary antenna port and made a contact to alabama with it.

Woof!:w00t::w00t: Now THAT'S what I'm talking 'bout! (y)

Ebay here I come!:drool:

I want to thank those who responded to my question about hand held CB's. I've taken the info provided both here on on a couple of other radio boards along with study on the topic on line to decide what I need to meet my interest level in CB radios. While not perfect by some standards the radio I selected will do well in my location (surrounded by lots of hills) as well as my mobil needs.

My choice is a "Radio Shack TRC-241 Handheld CB Radio" to which I will mate the best out door antenna I can afford. Not perfect but adequate for me since my main interest is Shortwave Listening. I found a nice open box NIB radio at a killer price on , where else, e bay.

Again thanks all. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.