• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Radio Installation?

KI4MSJ said:
There is a antenna mount that fits into the rail holes on your bed. No screws in the bed, it has an expanding collar that fits in the hole. It also has a grounding hole so that you can ground the antenna. Very clean and neat looking. I don't know who makes it. Investigate.
I'd be interested to see that mount.

Yes I saw that I have a tonnaue cover on my bed and I was told about one that fit under the cover rail and The antenna was above the cover the mounting bracket cost almost $90.00 That just the bracket. I have never owned a CB Radio that worked very good.A friend of mine has a Cobra with a magnet antenna and it works very good nine was the worst I got disgusted and put it away and then I found Worldwide Radio Forum and soon I will be up and running with all the help I have received.

petey_racer said:
KI4MSJ said:
There is a antenna mount that fits into the rail holes on your bed. No screws in the bed, it has an expanding collar that fits in the hole. It also has a grounding hole so that you can ground the antenna. Very clean and neat looking. I don't know who makes it. Investigate.
I'd be interested to see that mount.

It's made by Anttron. I thought I got it from AES, but I don't see Anttron in their catalog anymore. I am currently using one of these mounts with a barefoot CB on a pick-up truck I don't drive very often and it works good. There is problems with grounding my SWR reading is 2.1:1. I have used this mount on VHF / UHF with no trouble at all.

I re did my Favorites yesterday and erased the information and I checked all over an came up with nothing thank god you have it. The one time I could help someone and I erased the wed site! :oops: My fender mount for my truck is in the UPS truck somewhere I think it's coming by a three legged camel!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.