• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB today

Lazybones - you are a Ham.
I've read some of your posts.
So - why are you trying to stir things up here?
Forgetaboutit...

Hams and CBers are just people that are as fallable as the next guy. Neither better or worse than anyone else. We don't need anyone to be stirring up an old wound that never seems to heal. It is well that new members and new radio operators are aware of these unsightly blights to this hobby and its past. These differences of opinions will always exist and best kept under personal control. These arguments appeal to the base instincts in all - but there is no excuse for lack of self-control and none will be tolerated. However, if it goes beyond the point of self-control and goes in the wrong direction, I will have no choice than to lock this thread. Please keep it civil but informative so that newbies can learn.

There isn't a radio web forum on the internet that doesn't have to deal with this same old wheeze from time to time.
So long as we keep a lid on it, it's OK...

OOPS! My late reply last night could have also been taken as a Ham bashing post, which it was in no way intended to be.
All I was doing was pointing out from my own personal experience how a lot of Hams are very narrow minded.
I never intended for my post to indicate all Hams walk around with their heads up their rears, some of my best friends are still active Hams.

i dont see how anyone could have taken Lazybones' post to be serious. LOL

it was pretty darn obvious that he was kidding around. (something we really enjoy being able to do here)

heck, i didnt even know he was a ham and still knew he was joking.

LC

The CB has cleared up because the sunspot cycle is not like it used to be. The CB is cleaner than it used to be because all the idiots that used to start trouble are now on the 75 meters doing the same thing. They've evolved to ham radio. The other day, my wife yelled down the stairs about all the foul language and told me to turn off the CB. Problem was the CB was off and I was on the 75 meter band. They were on the 75 meter band keying up on each other and cussing each other out on who was on frequency first. Remember back in the day when everyone was fighting over the channel. It still happens but now it's on the 75 meter cb band.

Here is a taste of the 75 meter band.

YouTube - N1FM Gets Into a Debate on 75 meters

My God, that sounds exactly like CB when I quit. The conversations I can hear on 2 meter on my scanner are always very polite, and I have never heard a cross word. That conversation sounded like a Yahoo Voice Chat Room. I really thought the HAM community was policed, but that is just pathetic.

I think we will be seeing a LOT more CBers back on the radio in the near future. Due mostly to the upward swing in solar activity and that the solar minimum has passed. It can only come up from this point. What I heard over that last week was eye opening - lol! The skip conditions were so strong, I heard hundreds - perhaps thousands - of different stations in just one week between the CB and free band.

For the next five years to come, skip is going to be steadily rising. That isn't based on intuition or tea leaves; but a cycle that has been observed for the past one hundred plus years. Statistics clearly point to this phenomena. It's like surfing; no waves - no surfers. Well folks - "surf's up." It is the right time to be putting a station together for the Ham and CBer alike...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.