• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBTRICKS info being plagiarized?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
Had someone here ask me about some CD's that are being offered on ebay.

they asked me if this was the same info that was on cbtricks.com.

i told them to ask the seller if that was the case and here is the question asked, and the response they got:

"Dear golddigger1321,

is this the same information that can be found on cbtricks.com?

if it is not, could you please mention one antenna that is in your CD and is not on cbtricks?"

"Hello, this particular CD is a Ham Linear Amplifier Manuals CD, not a Antenna CD, and I can't tell you what my Antenna Cd has that CBTRICKS don't have, because I don't know what CBTRICKS have,,I could go on the internet and compare my CD to CBTRICKS but I am a very busy person and do not have the time to do that, I do not like your questions, and I do not like your attitude, you sound like a Picky Buyer, and I try very hard to stay away from them type of Buyers, you are being Blocked,,,,"

LOL, needless to say, this makes me think that it is indeed the same info that Bennie has worked his butt off for years to compile, and that this guy is just trying to make a buck off of someone else's work.

the seller's ID is: golddigger1321

here are some links to the CD's:
golddigger1321 | eBay

i would advise against ordering these CD's for two reasons.

1. because its not right to steal someone else's work and then sell it.

2. because the info is already available to anyone who wants it for free!

LC

Unfortunately...

Nosedigger1321 is not the only opportunist to have done so.

Mmmm, his prices aren't so expensive, in that, a few people could order a disc, then leave neg feedback to blister his ass.

Mmmmm...would be a shame to see that 100% feedback tarnished.

Of course, I speak a hypothetical tongue. ;)

Last edited:
How can you tell the difference between manuals that are lifted from CB-tricks or just complied by the seller? You can't plagiarize a manufacturer published manual unless you copy all the info into a manual format and then put your name on it as if you created the manual. That's what plagiarizing is.

I don't know the seller nor would I buy his CD's but I think your a little quick to judge and post this to a radio forum.

They did the same with Dodge service manuals a few years back...you could download these monstrous manuals for free at various websites and ebayers were burning the to cd and selling them for $50 as original manuals...the original manuals (on cd) were several hundred dollars from Dodge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

They did the same with Dodge service manuals a few years back...you could download these monstrous manuals for free at various websites and ebayers were burning the to cd and selling them for $50 as original manuals...the original manuals (on cd) were several hundred dollars from Dodge.

I got a free copy of the Ram manuals in 2003 when I ordered my dually.

Maybe the owners manual, I doubt the 5000 page service manual. You could buy them from DCX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

No, I got the service and the parts manuals .... still have it.

EDIT___
I just looked, the service manual is 2,895 pages and the parts manual is 805 pages, lol. And since that was the first production year for the 3rd gen trucks (2500 and 3500), that manual was pretty much invaluable!

Last edited:
I wouldnt buy from that guy due to his" $hitty @$$" attitude Ive bought and sold from numerous people an several here throughout the years but will honestly tell you that if anyone of those people let alone someone Ive never delt with had talk to me like the fella in the above auction or sale THERE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN A DEAL NOR EVER BEEN ONE with that indavidual.

It takes people skills with my lines and many other lines of work but any sales of any kind when dealing with people especially the general public you better choose your words and attitude wisely or carefully or you certainly are not gonna make friends and if sales is your bread and butter well, Your simply gonna starve!!

;0

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
How can you tell the difference between manuals that are lifted from CB-tricks or just complied by the seller? You can't plagiarize a manufacturer published manual unless you copy all the info into a manual format and then put your name on it as if you created the manual. That's what plagiarizing is.

I don't know the seller nor would I buy his CD's but I think your a little quick to judge and post this to a radio forum.

maybe i am too quick to judge, but i am a person who calls things as i see them.

I would think that if someone was offering a bunch of manuals for sale, and they found out that there are a bunch of manuals being offered for free, that they would WANT to differentiate themselves and their product from the free version.
what better advertising for your ebay ad is there? "contains manuals not found on cbtricks!"

if that were true, i would probably buy one too.

but how does anyone who is into this hobby enough to put together a bunch of CD's on the subject not know about cbtricks???

and if they did know that this particular website existed, wouldnt one be sure to put more/ different manuals in the CD in order to sell more units?

this is why i think the sellers response is so telling; by acting like they didnt know cbtricks even existed when they were putting the CD together, they showed their hole card.

if my friend had gotten a response like, "my CD's contain more manuals than that site does"
i bet he would have bought one, and i might have too.

my friend is an older guy, and he has a home computer, but doesnt have the internet. i told him to go back to the library and donate to cbtricks site, then he can download or print the manuals he needs.

i would have had him get the CD that Bennie used to offer, but Bennie seems to be AWOL at the moment, which might be another reason why this is happening now.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.