• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CDX Club: Time to change the prefix?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The original "CDX" club was named after the founder of the original version of this website, which goes back quite a few years. I propose to change the "CDX" to "WDX", or any alternative that the majority likes better. I'd like to start up the CB contests again, as well.

Any opinions?

Whiskey Delta X-ray sounds good.
I'm just excited for the contest, I think it would be fun to try.
Thanks Moleculo

I have been thinking about the WDX prefix and it just dawned on me, the WDX club was started in California back in the early 70's or maybe in the late 60's. I have the number WDX327, which was given to me by WDX #1, his name was Dan

Dan moved up here to Washington about 2 miles from me and has since passed away several years ago. I have only heard one station in the last 15 yrs using a WDX prefix and he was in California some where.

So I would imagine that most of the members have probably dropped the club call sign.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.